recommendations for 36V rear hub

JamesW

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2014
I'm looking at converting my folder (16" wheels) Mezzo D9 if I can get the right motor at the right price.

See that the GBK-100R , BMS Battery Q100 and Cute 100 have been recommended in the past.

Does anyone have any experience of the GBK-100R or any info on the dimensions? I was leaning this way if only for the fact that they give the price in GBP on the website which makes purchase that little bit easier (and possibly that I can't see another Mezzo with this conversion yet! Doesn't everyone like to be different?

James

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
Hi again. It would be great if you could put everything in one post so everyone can answer the questions more efficiently

GBK-100R is the same as Q100 and Cute 100 (basically all the same) and it has been confirmed by legendary d8veh

I wish he is still in this forum...he helped me a lot in the past.

Last edited:

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
These small bikes don't handle well in corners, there is no point going for speed. 15 mph is about the safe limit. The small wheels give them plenty of torque anyway. I'd go for lightweight, heavy motors makes folding/unfolding unpleasant.

JamesW

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2014
Hi again. It would be great if you could put everything in one post so everyone can answer the questions more efficiently

GBK-100R is the same as Q100 and Cute 100 (basically all the same) and it has been confirmed by legendary d8veh

I wish he is still in this forum...he helped me a lot in the past.
He is! He was online last week and I got some assistance!

JamesW

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2014
These small bikes don't handle well in corners, there is no point going for speed. 15 mph is about the safe limit. The small wheels give them plenty of torque anyway. I'd go for lightweight, heavy motors makes folding/unfolding unpleasant.
So what do you recommend?