Help! Recommendations for Very Heavy Rider?

Pedaluma

Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2020
You shouldn't need that big a battery unless you really want the electrics to do almost all the work. 7% is a pretty mild hill. Neverthless, it's always good to have a little extra.

Bosch range assistant will give a pretty good idea of range for different riding conditions and bike types; it's designed for Bosch bikes but gives a pretty good idea for any 'normal' ebike.

Shame about Woosh.
Thanks' for the calculator. Specialized had to take theirs down.

Pedaluma

Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2020
if your not going to be going down hill off road going 40mph over jumps ect it will be fine just for riding round town ect

it wont snap in half as soon as you sit on it but you will find 120kg is the limit on most bikes same with office chairs ect.

plus you will loose waight fast i can live on takeaways and cider and still stay the same size ;)

also note the frame has 5 year warranty, they dont know how fat you are if you did brake it so warranty wont be a problem if it even happens.

the wheels would fold in half b4 the frame broke.
That is exactly it! Heavier riders need stronger wheels.

Trevvie

Just Joined
Jun 20, 2020
Just out of interest I am around 150 kg and 6ft and have had a Carrera Crossfire for nearly a year (newer model) done around 2000 miles, I don't drive so this is my only mode of transport during the pandemic other than having to replace a torque sensor, a set of worn out tyres and a few punctures the bike has served me well, even carting all my shopping back from Tesco. I have had bikes all my life so don't have a problem getting my hands dirty and doing repairs and maintenance myself

Reactions: Nealh