Recommendations

Godzy89

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 13, 2022
Hello all
Looking to buy my first e-bike and have currently decided on the Bianchi Impulso All Road TRK Disk
The only thing holding me back is the I-WOC system as i'm not sure about the placement of the mode selector with it being on the downtube
I have seen the IWOC trio add on that puts a selector on the handlebars but have read of a couple of problems with the quality of the unit
Anyone use the trio or the iwoc or even has the bike that can advise
I am open to looking at other bikes if there are any suggestions around the same price
Im a member of the British Cycling/Lets Ride and mostly go on their guided rides which are on canal paths, some roads and trails so the Bianchi looks to fit the bill for me
I have a Pinnacle Hybrid and a B-Twin road bike but am struggling on the hills when riding on the road hence the reason for buying a new bike

Thanks in advance for any replies

John

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Hello all
Looking to buy my first e-bike and have currently decided on the Bianchi Impulso All Road TRK Disk
The only thing holding me back is the I-WOC system as i'm not sure about the placement of the mode selector with it being on the downtube
I have seen the IWOC trio add on that puts a selector on the handlebars but have read of a couple of problems with the quality of the unit
Anyone use the trio or the iwoc or even has the bike that can advise
I am open to looking at other bikes if there are any suggestions around the same price
Im a member of the British Cycling/Lets Ride and mostly go on their guided rides which are on canal paths, some roads and trails so the Bianchi looks to fit the bill for me
I have a Pinnacle Hybrid and a B-Twin road bike but am struggling on the hills when riding on the road hence the reason for buying a new bike

Thanks in advance for any replies

John
Looks like a lightweight bike with small battery, intended to be easy to ride beyond 25kph limit. So not intended to be providing assistance all the time, as range would then be rather low.

Personally I want a bigger battery as that is hard and/or expensive to change later on, and I cannot imagine the inconvenience of the controls not being by my thumb!

I wouldn't buy without a decent test ride.

Godzy89

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 13, 2022
Thanks Matthew
The rides i do are generally up to 35 miles and i would probably be lloking to have no assistance on any flat sections but as its my 1st E-Bike i'm not too clued up on what to look for
Il have a further read of the posts on here and it will hopefully give me more of an idea
The shop i have seen it is in Surrey and im in Manchester so a test ride isnt viable unless i can find it elsewhere

John

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Thanks Matthew
The rides i do are generally up to 35 miles and i would probably be lloking to have no assistance on any flat sections but as its my 1st E-Bike i'm not too clued up on what to look for
Il have a further read of the posts on here and it will hopefully give me more of an idea
The shop i have seen it is in Surrey and im in Manchester so a test ride isnt viable unless i can find it elsewhere

John
It is worth thinking ahead to what you might do, given the difference assistance makes. For example, any ambitions to do longer rides given the removal of all the hard work that assistance brings could indicate a need for a larger battery.

Or maybe a second bike!