Redbridge 2014,May 18,afternoon

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Just to remind everyone that the Redbridge London 'try an electric bike day' will take place on the afternoon of May 18 at the Redbridge Cycling Centre,Redbridge,North East London,13.00 to 17.00
Anyone who attended the previous Redbridge events will I am sure report that the Redbridge circuit is perfect for testing bicycles,it is effectively three different length circuits,the longest being 2.7km. The circuits include tight bends,sweeping bends,long straights and the challenging Hog Hill,perfect for comparing the qualities of various e-bikes.
This year the event is sponsored by The London Electric Bike Company of Hampton Wick...models available for testing include Vita,BH Emotion,Kudos,Haibike and KTM.
There is room locally for parking Motorhomes and on site there are showers and a nice cafe.
Perhaps those who have attended previous events will put some input into what is their opinion of the Redbridge venue.
This event has become the meet venue for Pedelecs members,it is also the ideal venue for those who are uncertain as to the type of e-bike that will meet their needs and trying many different types.
KudosDave and Tom Saunders.

Reactions: LEBC Tom
D

Deleted member 4366

It's brilliant, and, of course, totally free. Not only is there the tarmac track, but there's loads of trails to test the off-road abilities of bikes too. I'll be there again.

SRS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 30, 2012
South Coast
Sounds like it may be interesting.

Whats the deal, do we just turn up in the morning? Can we park camper overnight?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
it would even be better if more sellers are invited to attend. Redbridge 2013 was very successful because visitors could compare bikes with very different pedigrees, Tonaro, GoCycle, Momentum, BH, Ezee, Haibike
2014 won't be the same.
Redbridge 2013:

Redbridge 2014

only LEBC.

Last edited:
Reactions: mountainsport

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
it would even be better if more sellers are invited to attend. Redbridge 2013 was very successful because visitors could compare bikes with very different pedigrees, Tonaro, GoCycle, Momentum, BH, Ezee, Haibike
2014 won't be the same.
Redbridge 2013:

Redbridge 2014

only LEBC.

I really enjoyed that day until that little brat told me to bugger off and to leave his teddy alone, and sadly that is me top picture with hands in pockets looking down grinding my permanent upper left and right canine teeth wondering what to do next.
Strangely enough he did write a letter of apology to me.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Will there be a list published here before the event of makes and models which will be available to test-ride on the day?

It would add greatly to the attraction of the event if a good, cross-section of bikes could be on display now that there is such a bewildering choice at a variety of price-points.

For anyone who has never visited Redbridge, it's probably the best venue for trying out bikes, free from traffic, that I can think of. As a man of Kent, my first choice would be Brands Hatch but that's likely to remain a non-starter unless there is a massive cycling renaissance in the UK in the foreseeable future. An all-electric day would be fantastic with cars, motor-cycles, scooters and bicycles all available to test.

I can dream! :D

Tom

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
An all-electric day would be fantastic with cars, motor-cycles, scooters and bicycles all available to test.
And all the fluffy white clouds are shaped like little bunny rabbits :)

A nice dream I'm sure but without all the noise from gas guzzlers and the like, the voices in my head would make me go mad:mad:

D

Deleted member 4366

"This year the event is sponsored by The London Electric Bike Company"

I'm a little bit worried now. Which other dealers/traders are going?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
only Kudos. All other sellers are not invited.

D

Deleted member 4366

Is it really only Kudos? Nobody will go. They can get the same by going to a shop, which they can do any time, so no incentive to go to Redbridge. I won't be going if it's only The London Electric Bike Company - not that I'll be missed.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Ah well! If that is the case, much as I appreciate Dave Elderfield for providing a range of honest-to-goodness legal ebikes, I shan't be attending Redbridge just to see them.

Last year there was a good range of choice from several merchants and I imagined that subsequent events there would become major happenings in the tiny world of ebiking. Seems like I got that one wrong!

Tom

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Apart from the Pedelecs website that we are all aware of were else is this event being advertised?
Secondly, just a thought maybe sellers who attended last year noticed that by setting up and advertising their product never really made much of a difference to boost their sales.
From what I understood I thought that day was a day of awareness by getting on one for the very first time to experience that exhilarating feeling . Maybe Dave from Kudos could have a say on this.

MS.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Is actually the opposite,the concept behind inviting all the other suppliers was that they would reciprocate and organise their own 'try a bike days',which Kudos will be invited to attend,that did not happen.
Many of those suppliers wish to attend but myself and the LEBC have decided that the event should be only for those brands sold by the LEBC,they after all are paying for it.
Does anyone know of any other event that was organised by any supplier that was similar to the Redbridge event?
Kudos took our road show last year up to Derbyshire,down to the Eden project,out to Rutland water,plus Redbridge as well as exhibiting at the NEC and London Excel centre....our attitude is that we have 'done our bit' in presenting e-bikes to the UK and now it is the turn of others....this sounds like a good project for BEBA?
My attitude to the Redbridge event is that its really now for the benefit of Pedelec members,last year was mostly Pedelec members. If Pedelec members do not find it interesting enough to attend that is obviously their choice but you will be removing from the calendar the only venue which offers a chance to try e-bikes in a private but real situation.
Its a great opportunity for the newbie to e-bikes to experience what these bikes are about and the KTM,Haibike,Vita and Kudos have enough bikes to satisfy that experience.
KudosDave

Reactions: mountainsport

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I imagined that subsequent events there would become major happenings in the tiny world of ebiking.
Seems to be the way e-bike events go. Either they start very big, then year by year decline into closure in the way Presteigne did, or they appear once and promptly disappear in the way Wisper's attempts to mount multi-brand events did.

Less partial sponsors are needed such as an e-bike magazine or even BEBA, but with present UK market penetration of e-bikes they don't have the resources.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hi everyone,

Woosh has provisionally booked the afternoon of Sunday 24th August at Redbridge. If anyone thinks the date isn't good, let me know.
The cost is £176 and we are quite happy to share this with other companies - so I guess that if there are up to 15 of us it'll only cost us each £12 or so.
So the more the merrier really. Everyone welcome.

C

Cyclezee

Hi everyone,

Woosh has provisionally booked the afternoon of Sunday 24th August at Redbridge. If anyone thinks the date isn't good, let me know.
The cost is £176 and we are quite happy to share this with other companies - so I guess that if there are up to 15 of us it'll only cost us each £12 or so.
Nice one Hatti, you can put me down for that one;)

Guess D8veh will come along too to do the catering and generally entertain us with his stunts, that should be a major attraction;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ajb9

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Hi everyone,

Well done Hatti,someone else prepared to put in some effort.....as you and i have previously pointed out it isnt the cost of the venue,its the cost of the marketing to achieve an economic attendance. I put a lot of effort into marketing the 2013 event and to be frank the attendance was not that many people.
Perhaps others will organise similar at other venues.
Come on Cyclezee there must be a venue near Milton Keynes that can offer such a day.
The e-bike market is so small that these events need to be very local and cheap to organise, to be cost effective.
Hatti...are you aware that Redbridge now require £5million public liability insurance,the norm is £2million on policies,it may cause problems for some of the smaller suppliers.

KudosDave

C

Cyclezee

Perhaps others will organise similar at other venues.
Come on Cyclezee there must be a venue near Milton Keynes that can offer such a day. KudosDave
I suggested MK as a venue years ago, but it didn't get support from other suppliers.
If only Cyclezee had the same resources and deep pockets as Kudos, Rally Design and LEBC then I am sure we could organise something ourselves.

I would even sell my yacht to fund it........if I could afford one.:rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 4366

I'm up for it. I'm sure Andrew will be able to get some of his new Oxygen bikes there.

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
The problem with Redbridge is passing trade/footfall which means you need to heavily market event which is a shame as the venue is great. I am yet to find a location which is either part of a large event and/or has good passing trade/footfall as well as a great test track you seem to get one or the other not both.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kudoscycles