Redbridge 2014,May 18,afternoon

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Redbridge 2013 did not pay the sellers who attended on the day but could pay back well to those who attended a little later. For example, you took on Momentum bikes after the event didn't you?

D

Deleted member 4366

There were also probably a lot of recommendations from people that rode the bikes that resulted in sales later.

Reactions: Kudoscycles

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I suggested MK as a venue years ago, but it didn't get support from other suppliers.
If only Cyclezee had the same resources and deep pockets as Kudos, Rally Design and LEBC then I am sure we could organise something ourselves.

I would even sell my yacht to fund it........if I could afford one.:rolleyes:
John,these events dont need to cost a fortune,as Hatti has realised Redbridge is not expensive,the Manifold Trail event in Derbyshire cost nothing for the venue...but they are hard work and its difficult to market them economically. Also bicycle customers sometimes wont or cannot travel far.
If every supplier put on one event per year to their own customer base,irrespective as to whether they invite other suppliers,it would make a big difference to making e-bikes accessible to the UK people....but to my knowledge it is rare and that is one reason why the ebike market in the UK is growing very slowly.
We all need to be more proactive,I havent had a weekend off in 10 weeks and having just come back from China.I am exhibiting at the National Kit Car show,this weekend.....we will have a small display of ebikes at that show.
KudosDave

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
The problem with Redbridge is passing trade/footfall which means you need to heavily market event which is a shame as the venue is great. I am yet to find a location which is either part of a large event and/or has good passing trade/footfall as well as a great test track you seem to get one or the other not both.
How did the show go that was up your way?
KudosDave

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Is actually the opposite,the concept behind inviting all the other suppliers was that they would reciprocate and organise their own 'try a bike days',which Kudos will be invited to attend,that did not happen.
Many of those suppliers wish to attend but myself and the LEBC have decided that the event should be only for those brands sold by the LEBC,they after all are paying for it.
Does anyone know of any other event that was organised by any supplier that was similar to the Redbridge event?
Kudos took our road show last year up to Derbyshire,down to the Eden project,out to Rutland water,plus Redbridge as well as exhibiting at the NEC and London Excel centre....our attitude is that we have 'done our bit' in presenting e-bikes to the UK and now it is the turn of others....this sounds like a good project for BEBA?
My attitude to the Redbridge event is that its really now for the benefit of Pedelec members,last year was mostly Pedelec members. If Pedelec members do not find it interesting enough to attend that is obviously their choice but you will be removing from the calendar the only venue which offers a chance to try e-bikes in a private but real situation.
Its a great opportunity for the newbie to e-bikes to experience what these bikes are about and the KTM,Haibike,Vita and Kudos have enough bikes to satisfy that experience.
KudosDave
Now that I have learnt more from you, I will totally agree that you alone can not do all the hard work. You do need strong and relentless backing.

MS.

C

Cyclezee

John,these events dont need to cost a fortune,as Hatti has realised Redbridge is not expensive,the Manifold Trail event in Derbyshire cost nothing for the venue...but they are hard work and its difficult to market them economically. Also bicycle customers sometimes wont or cannot travel far.
If every supplier put on one event per year to their own customer base,irrespective as to whether they invite other suppliers,it would make a big difference to making e-bikes accessible to the UK people....but to my knowledge it is rare and that is one reason why the ebike market in the UK is growing very slowly.
We all need to be more proactive,I havent had a weekend off in 10 weeks and having just come back from China.I am exhibiting at the National Kit Car show,this weekend.....we will have a small display of ebikes at that show.
KudosDave
Weekend? What's a weekend:confused:

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
There were also probably a lot of recommendations from people that rode the bikes that resulted in sales later.
Liking the word 'probably' is just not good enough we need to hear something that is more definite that sales did increase. We need facts.

MS.

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
How did the show go that was up your way?
KudosDave
Amazing for a normal bike show and probably our best ever event. David from FreeGo Wisper was there as well as Andreas from Momentum but I am sure they would say the same as well! Location was great in city centre and yes we had a good hill but it is too narrow so not enough room to turn, that was the only negative.

Excellent interest did not hear one comment of cheat plus I nearly took down Ex World Champion Graham Obree when we both rode a tandem together :)

Last edited:

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
The list of bikes that will be available to test at Redbridge will include..
Haibike
KTM 400 Sport
KTM e-race P-very powerful
Vita 26-cheap
Kudos Secret-light
Kudos Tempo-small persons bike
Kudos Arriba-torque sensor
Kudos Eiger-crank drive + Nuvinci
Kudos Escape-torque sensor, 29er
Kudos Tornado-cheap hill climber,top seller
Kudos Typhoon-cheap 29er
Kudos Eco-cross style fram
Kudos Liberty-dutch style step thru
Kudos City-comfy bike
Kudos Tourer-classic ride to work bike
Kudos Safari-cheap,strong bike
Kudos Versatile-cheap, starter bike
regards
Kudos Dave

Reactions: Electrifying Cycles

LEBC Tom

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2013
Hampton Wick, KT1 4DA
Hi Wicky, I'm sure they have changing rooms in the Centre by the track, you'll be able to leave your 'stuff' with us on the stand if there are no lockers, look forward to seeing you.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Koga have just advised they will also have a stand at Redbridge,Koga is being considered for sale at LEBC,their range is very high quality,long established bike manufacturer.
Wicky,there is an excellent changing room at Redbridge...you will have no problem storing your leathers.
Just loaded up the van,forgotten how many bike styles there are in the Kudos range....we have an example of every style for testing.
Maybe some deals if you want to do the deal on the day.
regards
KudosDave

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
  1. I rode a Koga E-Special 'tuther day. Was I impressed; I did not want to go to far, I might have wanted one. Very comfortable, powerful and it went well plus it had a reverse. Don't get many of them these days. Very nice.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
  1. I rode a Koga E-Special 'tuther day. Was I impressed; I did not want to go to far, I might have wanted one. Very comfortable, powerful and it went well plus it had a reverse. Don't get many of them these days. Very nice.
I have ridden the E-Special too and a couple of other Kogas. They really are beautifully engineered bikes and that Ion DD motor has all the power most people might need. They are one of few high-end bikes that I think worth the money.

Tom

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Thanks to all who attended Redbridge. Once again we were so lucky with a beautiful afternoon's weather. It was nice to meet so many Pedelecs members both mature (in pedelecs terms,not age) and some newbies.
I estimate about 50 testers came throughout the afternoon.
It's a shame that such a wonderful venue for testing bikes could not be attached to another show,it's still the best circuit for bike or electric bike testing.
Of particular note was that many testers are now looking at their second or third electric bike,so the spread of interest was more into the higher priced bikes,the Panasonic hub drives and Kudos 29er's being of particular interest.
Thanks
KudosDave

berkobennie

Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2012
Berkhamsted, Herts
Ditto.... great venue, an ideal place to try out bikes... my money's on the KTM e Race P... could not resist, see you next week Tom!