Reention Dorado rebuild

jokskot

Pedelecer
Jul 14, 2018
The capacity of my Reention Dorado L505 48v 13Ah battery is down to about 50% of what it was when new, after 4 years and almost 29000km.
I've drawn a blank (or worse -"send it to us and we'll have a look at it for £85") with three or four potential re-builders I have tried.
Any suggestions anyone?

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I know there are plenty of suppliers on AliExpress and some on UK eBay. It's rebuild in UK I'm seeking
Doesn't make sense. It came from China in the first place. Surely, if you can get another 29,000km for less than £200, that's a good thing. You could probably buy two of them for the price of a re-cell.

The £85 is going to tell you it needs a re-cell. If you want to send me £50, I'll diagnose it for you, but no need to send the battery, so less messing about for you.

• :D
Reactions: Nealh and Az.

jokskot

Pedelecer
Jul 14, 2018
Saneagle:
" Surely, if you can get another 29,000km for less than £200, that's a good thing. "

You seem very knowledgable. Would you tell me where I can buy a 48v battery in the format stated using 65 good quality cells? That would equate to £3 per 18650 cell with a free case and BMS and no charge for labour.

oli12
"It's understandable that you're looking for options to address the reduced capacity of your Reention Dorado L505 battery after several years of use. Here are some suggestions you can conside "

Just when it was getting interesting... a glitch