remove speed from samebike 20lvdx30

bucio

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 15, 2019
hi i bought this bike but i cant go over 28 km h .... (25 real)
motor is 350 w battery 480 10.4 a and productor and some video post bike going to 35 on display (32 real) some of you can help me?
i can go inside secret menue but no speed option inside or i can t get wich is
thanks in advice

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It may be controller software that doesn't allow a faster speed, show us a pic of all controller wiring as there may be something there.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
TBH not a lot to see there as to much wiring in the way and not enough clarity of any wire endings, I was in particular looking for a single linked wire or possibly a potentiometer but from what can be seen I expect the speed may be software limited.

bucio

Jan 15, 2019
i made some test it seems no speed limiter wire but i think is rpm limited in some way ....
when the whell go free it reach 28 on display on me up it reach 25 (real 22) there is a way to bypass the rpm or kv limit of this damn hub ???? pls help me thx

Attachments

bucio

Jan 15, 2019
i olso trying option on display but no one was usefull .... whell inch or mph or km etc etc

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
At 48v I can't see it being rpm limited by the hub , the speed limit must be limited by software in the controller. Most likely only way to get more speed is KT controller and LCD but not guaranteed.
Do you know the hub winding at all ?

bucio

Jan 15, 2019

if you mean the internal winding i dont know .... i have lcd i have 10 option in secret menu, i tried to move some but nothing changed... i tired to change wheel inch from 20 to 10 and my speed get half .... i tried to change the ratio now is 43 i changed to 35 and the km h show 36 but the real was 22 so i dont know what to do

getgotti

Jan 29, 2019
Hi bucio, did you manage to unblock speed? Also how did you get into secret menu on controller? I have just bought a Samebike XMZ1214 which has same controller, but I can't see any buttons at all.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
It sounds like Bucio has tried all setting changes to get more speed. Your only option is to try another controller and LED/LCD display. You will need to make some connector/wiring changes though. Unless you have done this before, I advise to buy complete kit, because some components may not work with the new controller and means less connector/wiring changes. If not needed, sell on Ebay and get your money back.
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/36V-48V-500W-Brushless-DC-Sine-Wave-Controller-LCD-or-LED-Throttle-Brake-Lever-PAS-Speed/1314442_32622130199.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.3.197c382fiSQpUI

picusiaubas

Pedelecer
Jan 28, 2019
Is there really no wire for the speed sensor which could be disconnected? I have also ordered XMZ1214 and currently waiting for delivery. We definitely need a way to disable this stupid speed limiter..
BTW, bucio mentioned that he saw some video where the bike was going 35 km/h. Maybe we could just ask the guy who posted the video what he did?

Last edited:

anpinchon

Just Joined
Feb 22, 2019

if you mean the internal winding i dont know .... i have lcd i have 10 option in secret menu, i tried to move some but nothing changed... i tired to change wheel inch from 20 to 10 and my speed get half .... i tried to change the ratio now is 43 i changed to 35 and the km h show 36 but the real was 22 so i dont know what to do
Hi Buccio,
your adventures are very interesting and your tests very relevant. thank you very much for sharing, you are hugely advancing the subject of speed on this bike.
I have a quick question for you, how do you access the secret menu on the bike?
thanks a lot for your help
Ann

picusiaubas

Pedelecer
Jan 28, 2019

picusiaubas

Pedelecer
Jan 28, 2019
I received my XMZ1214 and can confirm that there is definitely no single linked wire.
All that comes from the motor are these 3+4 wires. Can one of them be a speed sensor?
2D30A5D3-2F8F-4416-8F03-0BC997180CDF.jpeg

The LCD is also strange since it has no buttons at all. Seems that there is no “secret menu” of any kind. Really not sure what else I could try..
E83DD9BF-AEC9-46BB-AC00-B0A881820911.jpeg

getgotti

Jan 29, 2019
I've got the same bike, same set up. I have a feeling we have a 250 motor rather than the specified 350. Our wheel has 250W printed on it rather than 350W which I can see is printed on Bucio's image. I have disputed this with gearbest.com but have been told directly that it is a 350 motor but comes out of the production line with 250W on the wheel. I have no way of testing this. I am able to reach 25kph using a GPS speedometer to test the speed. Can someone confirm what actual speed you can get from the 20lvdx30. The bike is fine apart from the limited speed.

Reactions: picusiaubas

picusiaubas

Pedelecer
Jan 28, 2019
I've got the same bike, same set up. I have a feeling we have a 250 motor rather than the specified 350. Our wheel has 250W printed on it rather than 350W which I can see is printed on Bucio's image. I have disputed this with gearbest.com but have been told directly that it is a 350 motor but comes out of the production line with 250W on the wheel. I have no way of testing this. I am able to reach 25kph using a GPS speedometer to test the speed. Can someone confirm what actual speed you can get from the 20lvdx30. The bike is fine apart from the limited speed.
Even if it was 250W I still think it should be able to go faster than 25kph when controller is not limiting the speed. However, it must really be 350W. On this video the guy is comparing it to a bike with 250W motor and Samebike accelerates a lot faster:
What do you think about controller position? It looks like a major design flaw to me. It's basically located at the dirtiest and wettest point of the bike and has huge holes near the cables. I am afraid to try it out cause there is still some water on the streets after the winter in my city. But I have already bought some silicone sealant. That should help to make the bike a little bit more water-proof :)
Other than that, the quality really looks impressive for the price we paid.

Last edited:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The controller is quite safe in that compartment. Water can get in, which makes the bottom wet, but it can drain straight back out, so it doesn’t get into the connectors. Every time I repair a bike with a drowned controller, it's because the owner tried to seal that compartment, which still let the water in, but prevented it from getting back out.

Did you check whether your controller has two single wires either joined in a loop with small connectors or with the connectors not connected?

picusiaubas

Pedelecer
Jan 28, 2019
The controller is quite safe in that compartment. Water can get in, which makes the bottom wet, but it can drain straight back out, so it doesn’t get into the connectors. Every time I repair a bike with a drowned controller, it's because the owner tried to seal that compartment, which still let the water in, but prevented it from getting back out.

Did you check whether your controller has two single wires either joined in a loop with small connectors or with the connectors not connected?
Really? All the wires are inside and they don't look waterproof at all (check my photo). In my opinion even a bit of water is going to short circuit them straight away.

Yes, there is definitely no two single wires joined in a loop with a connector. I checked all the wires that come out of controller and all of them lead outside of compartment. Well, there is one more which is not connected to anything. But it's just an unused connector, not two single wires that are joined together.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Really? All the wires are inside and they don't look waterproof at all (check my photo). In my opinion even a bit of water is going to short circuit them straight away.
I've been repairing electric bikes for a long time. I have never had to replace a controller because it got drowned when the compartment wasn't sealed, though I have had to deal with corrosion on connectors on some bikes that had been in service for a long time. I've had to replace four controllers that clearly had been drowned. Every one had silicone sealant around the cover. Maybe you think that you can apply silicone better than the other guys. Are you feeling lucky?

Advertisers