remove speed from samebike 20lvdx30

Metalazo

Just Joined
Jan 16, 2019
Dear All,

I found a comment on a youtube video
Where the guy says in German :

"Softwaregelocktes Geschwindigkeitslimit beim LO26 entriegeln: Display aus, (beide?) Bremshebel gezogen halten und dann Displayknopf mindestens 5 Sekunden lang gedrückt halten. :) Verriegeln: Display aus, rechten Bremshebel gezogen halten und wieder mind. 5 Sekunden Knopf gedrückt halten (S830-Display geht dann an). So sollte es funktionieren. Komme entlockt auf ca. 30-32 kmh. Mehr wird der 350 Watt Motor vermutlich nicht schaffen. Ist bei mir dann das Maximum was geht. ;-) "

Google Traslator says in English :

"Unlocking the LO26 speed limit: Release the display, (both?) Hold the brake lever and then hold the display button pressed for at least 5 seconds. :)
Locking: Keep the display off, keep the right brake lever pulled and hold the button again for at least 5 seconds (the S830 display will then start). That's how it should work. Come entlocks to about 30-32 km / h. More, the 350 watts engine will probably not create. Is with me then the maximum is possible. ;-) "

Please let us know if works for you.

picusiaubas

Pedelecer
Jan 28, 2019
Dear All,

I found a comment on a youtube video
Where the guy says in German :

"Softwaregelocktes Geschwindigkeitslimit beim LO26 entriegeln: Display aus, (beide?) Bremshebel gezogen halten und dann Displayknopf mindestens 5 Sekunden lang gedrückt halten. :) Verriegeln: Display aus, rechten Bremshebel gezogen halten und wieder mind. 5 Sekunden Knopf gedrückt halten (S830-Display geht dann an). So sollte es funktionieren. Komme entlockt auf ca. 30-32 kmh. Mehr wird der 350 Watt Motor vermutlich nicht schaffen. Ist bei mir dann das Maximum was geht. ;-) "

Google Traslator says in English :

"Unlocking the LO26 speed limit: Release the display, (both?) Hold the brake lever and then hold the display button pressed for at least 5 seconds. :)
Locking: Keep the display off, keep the right brake lever pulled and hold the button again for at least 5 seconds (the S830 display will then start). That's how it should work. Come entlocks to about 30-32 km / h. More, the 350 watts engine will probably not create. Is with me then the maximum is possible. ;-) "

Please let us know if works for you.
Very interesting, thanks. The same fix would probably not work on XMZ1214 on 20LVDX30 since there are no display buttons. But I can try various random weird combinations with brakes, accelerator and ignition.

picusiaubas

Pedelecer
Jan 28, 2019
Omg, I think I did it! Here is the trick: press and hold the left brake and then turn on ignition. It should display 01 km/h on display. Wait a few seconds till it becomes 00 and turn off ignition. Repeat the same procedure. Now it should display 02 km/h. Do the same thing till you reach 07. Next time it should reset to 0, but the speed limit changes. Mine went from 30km/h to 37km/h on freely spinning wheel and fully charged battery (on bike display). In fact, it really feels that the wheel is spinning faster.

502A7318-7A86-48E6-A8D1-2433B37D50DA.jpeg

However, I can’t tell if the real speed has increased cause I haven’t tried it before the procedure. But now I am getting around 26-27km/h on flat surface, at -3 degrees and 75kg weight (real, measured with phone GPS). Which looks quite decent, even though the bike display shows 35. The engine doesn’t seem to stop working when going downhill at higher speeds.

Last edited:
Reactions: getgotti

getgotti

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 29, 2019
picusiaubas you are an absolute genius! Just tried your trick and it works! Couldn't test the GPS speed as I was in a car park basement at work, but will do later on my commute home. The power was amazing, I couldn't even get to top speed in the car park as the straight run was not long enough.

picusiaubas

Pedelecer
Jan 28, 2019
picusiaubas you are an absolute genius! Just tried your trick and it works! Couldn't test the GPS speed as I was in a car park basement at work, but will do later on my commute home. The power was amazing, I couldn't even get to top speed in the car park as the straight run was not long enough.
I’m glad it worked! :) No rocket science, just trying pure random combinations till finally I noticed that the ones with the left brake increment the number you see when turning on ignition.

BTW, you can get the speed limit back by doing the same thing but holding both right brake and accelerator instead. Might be useful to compare the speeds and acceleration in the same weather conditions.

peciak

Just Joined
Mar 14, 2019
I’m glad it worked! :) No rocket science, just trying pure random combinations till finally I noticed that the ones with the left brake increment the number you see when turning on ignition.

BTW, you can get the speed limit back by doing the same thing but holding both right brake and accelerator instead. Might be useful to compare the speeds and acceleration in the same weather conditions.
Is it possible for you to record a short video showing how to unlock the speed, and how to get back to the blockage of 25km / h?
Should I leave the state when I unlock it so that the display shows 07 or 0? The movie would explain a lot. If it works it's great.

getgotti

Jan 29, 2019
The last 07- needs to go to 0. It's like resetting the system I guess. I was hitting speeds of 30 kph measured on phone GPS speedometer, so a big improvement. It has cut my journey time by 10 mins each way on my daily commute and the bike is so much more fun to ride now! I look forward to it every day!

picusiaubas

Pedelecer
Jan 28, 2019
The last 07- needs to go to 0. It's like resetting the system I guess. I was hitting speeds of 30 kph measured on phone GPS speedometer, so a big improvement. It has cut my journey time by 10 mins each way on my daily commute and the bike is so much more fun to ride now! I look forward to it every day!
Nice! Do you have 20LVDX30 or XMZ1214?

Is it possible for you to record a short video showing how to unlock the speed, and how to get back to the blockage of 25km / h?
Should I leave the state when I unlock it so that the display shows 07 or 0? The movie would explain a lot. If it works it's great.
I could certainly do it, but is it really needed? The process seems straight-forward: you hold the left brake and turn-on/turn-off ignition multiple times till it resets to 00 km/h.

getgotti

Jan 29, 2019
I've got the XMZ1214. I went for it because of the battery range of 50km compared to 40km of the 20LVDX30. 15APH vs 10APH. And now the speed is increased I'm very happy.

Marco_86

Just Joined
May 1, 2019
Hello together, I have already read through the individual posts. I have a Samebike 20LVXD30 with display with "M-Button ." In the setting menu everything is tried and also the tricks with brake pull, ignition etc. unfortunately without success. Does anybody still have ideas? Thank you very much, Marco.

Marco_86

Just Joined
May 1, 2019
Hello together, I have already read through the individual posts. I have a Samebike 20LVXD30 with display with "M-Button ." In the setting menu everything is tried and also the tricks with brake pull, ignition etc. unfortunately without success. Does anybody still have ideas? Thank you very much, Marco.
On this Link you will see the Display an Setting-Menü - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/twist-throttle-rolling-handlebar-for-electric-bike-scooter-tricycle-MTB-36v48v60v-with-lock-key-cruise-speed/32877747357.html?spm=a2g0y.10010108.1000001.8.446c4ac1yY6SpJ&isOrigTitle=true

I have raised the "battery voltage ration" in P07 from 95% to 105% but nothing happens. The wheel turns in freewheeling exactly 29.9 km/h. Somebondy here have written of 37 km/h - that would be fantastic. :)

Attachments

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
That throttle/LCD in your Aliexpress link doesn’t control the speed in any way. It's completely dumb. It can only read and display the speed. If you have that one on your bike, the speed limit is programmed into the controller. The controller could still give access to the speed limit via a procedure that involves taking inputs from devices like the brakes and throttle, but they're only being used like keys on a PC keyboard, and the LCD is like a monitor.

Last edited:

Marco_86

Just Joined
May 1, 2019
That throttle/LCD in your Aliexpress link doesn’t control the speed in any way. It's completely dumb. It can only read and display the speed. If you have that one on your bike, the speed limit is programmed into the controller. The controller could still give access to the speed limit via a procedure that involves taking inputs from devices like the brakes and throttle, but they're only being used like keys on a PC keyboard, and the LCD is like a monitor.
Many thanks vfr400, the statement saves time :) - i understood. Does I have the opportunity to change the controller? Do you know one that is compatible and works well, maybe possibly experience? Or is there in the controller the ability to bypass / disable the speed limiter? Why do I have it so hard here, others just disable the white cable or press a key combination :).

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Some people are just born unlucky. there's a good explanation why here.

In principle, you can use just about any controller and LCD for your bike because they all work the motor the same. After-market ones are normally without speed limit or they have a programmable speed limit. Any replacement will mean you have to change some connectors and do some wiring.

I prefer the KT sine wave controllers because they have good power algorithms and make the motor very smooth and quiet.

picusiaubas

Pedelecer
Jan 28, 2019
I think your best option would be to try EVERY possible combination in the settings. At least that's what I did to find out the ignition trick.

Marco_86

Just Joined
May 1, 2019
Hello together, I will continue testing and look at the controller again from the inside - if it is a software issue, it will be there to solve. If anybody has a solution with this setup, please let me know. The last solution is simply to change the controller, thanks vfr400 for the KT proposal.

picusiaubas

Pedelecer
Jan 28, 2019
Any suggestions for this controller replacement? Would any unbranded chinese controller for 48V and 350W fit? Mine is dead after a wet road ride a few days ago. I'd better have that silicone sealant applied, at least on some parts of the compartment..

Advertisers