remove speed from samebike 20lvdx30

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Something is pulling the voltage down. it can be anything on the 5v rail, which includes the controller cpu, throttle, PAS, motor hall sensor, motor cable and any other cables. That only leaves the battery. If you unplug everything from the controller except the battery, and the 5v is still down, it has to be something in the controller. If you look at the PCB, you'll find that all the 5v wires go to the same area. have a look around there to see if anything is amiss.

picusiaubas

Pedelecer
Jan 28, 2019
Something is pulling the voltage down. it can be anything on the 5v rail, which includes the controller cpu, throttle, PAS, motor hall sensor, motor cable and any other cables. That only leaves the battery. If you unplug everything from the controller except the battery, and the 5v is still down, it has to be something in the controller. If you look at the PCB, you'll find that all the 5v wires go to the same area. have a look around there to see if anything is amiss.
I removed the silicone and checked each cable that goes out of controller. They seem perfectly fine. I couldn’t find any melted coating or anything. And the PCB itself looks like new. Maybe I’m missing something, but I am really tired of trying to get this piece of crap working.
New controller seems so much easier option. Tried asking this chinese bike producer for a new controller, but they don’t seem to care much about responding to their customers.
So the only option is some random controller with a throttle. As I understand, one with 3-pin motor connection, 5-pin HAL sensor connection and 48V/350W should work? Regarding the battery connector probably the best option would be to reuse the old one and solder the wires? I don’t care much about other components like lamps, brakes, etc.
2ED7B0B9-12EB-4CE4-AFA0-9373806518D0.jpeg

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
No need for a battery connector. Cut them off and solder the wires, which is quicker, cheaper and more reliable.

Erisaman

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 12, 2019
picusiaubas - I assume you will have seen the YouTube video
dealing with a replacement/upgraded controller for the XMZ121? There is also an interesting posting by 'Craigs' in the Electric Bikes General discussion wanting to have the speed limiter returned to his [equivalent] XMZ1214.

I was interested in removing the limiter on my newly purchased 20LVXD30 - but having ridden it very few times I find that my balance is not what it should be (now aged 73) and I'll be advertising it for sale. Pristine condition of course, never dropped nor scratched - Classifieds - here I come.

Good luck with your venture.

picusiaubas

Pedelecer
Jan 28, 2019
picusiaubas - I assume you will have seen the YouTube video dealing with a replacement/upgraded controller for the XMZ121? There is also an interesting posting by 'Craigs' in the Electric Bikes General discussion wanting to have the speed limiter returned to his [equivalent] XMZ1214.

I was interested in removing the limiter on my newly purchased 20LVXD30 - but having ridden it very few times I find that my balance is not what it should be (now aged 73) and I'll be advertising it for sale. Pristine condition of course, never dropped nor scratched - Classifieds - here I come.

Good luck with your venture.
Thanks! Haven't seen this video. That LCD screen is huge! I will maybe go with something smaller, for example: https://www.banggood.com/24V36V48V60V-250W350W-LCD-Brushless-Motor-Controller-Battery-Speed-For-MTB-E-Bike-Scooter-p-1399444.html?rmmds=search&ID=520454517271&cur_warehouse=CN

Interestingly, it doesn't include any throttle. I wonder if I can use the one that I have right now. Connector seems to match.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Throttle should work if you get the wiring order correct.

onaj

Just Joined
May 21, 2019
On this Link you will see the Display an Setting-Menü - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/twist-throttle-rolling-handlebar-for-electric-bike-scooter-tricycle-MTB-36v48v60v-with-lock-key-cruise-speed/32877747357.html?spm=a2g0y.10010108.1000001.8.446c4ac1yY6SpJ&isOrigTitle=true

I have raised the "battery voltage ration" in P07 from 95% to 105% but nothing happens. The wheel turns in freewheeling exactly 29.9 km/h. Somebondy here have written of 37 km/h - that would be fantastic. :)
Hi,
I play with menu but I didn't write default values. Would be possible write me original value. P01 to P08 ?
Thank you very much ;)
Jano

onaj

Just Joined
May 21, 2019
Hi,
I play with menu but I didn't write default values. Would be possible write me original value. P01 to P08 ?
Thank you very much ;)
Jano
Hi
for everyone i contact GB support and default values are P01-48 P02-1.0 P03-1.0 P04-2 P05-20 P06-43 P07-1
Onaj

picusiaubas

Pedelecer
Jan 28, 2019
So, I’ve got the new controller. And it seems to be alive! At least on PAS.

Not so straight forward with the throttle connector. This is the setup:

The brown and yellow wires are the switch on the throttle, the green one on the same connector is battery voltage for the LED indicator lights. Red and black joined to orange aand black are the 5v wires. that leaves the blue to green is the throttle signal wire (1v to 4v).
If I understand this correctly, to use the throttle I need to connect red-blue-black wires from the throttle to red-white-black wires from the new controller. Is that correct? If so, I would need to change the connector since they don’t match at all..

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
If I understand this correctly, to use the throttle I need to connect red-blue-black wires from the throttle to red-white-black wires from the new controller. Is that correct? If so, I would need to change the connector since they don’t match at all..
To be sure, show all the connectors on the controller and what you have on the throttle. You don't need connectors. Cut them off and solder the wires together. insulate with heatshrink sleeve.

picusiaubas

Pedelecer
Jan 28, 2019
Nevermind, I joined the wires the way I wrote in the previous post and the throttle works fine. Also joined the wires for the brakes sensors and they also started working.
I am getting a few km/h more with this new controller then before (28-29 km/h GPS) and also some nice features like an auto-pilot. Replacing is a bit painful because most of the connectors don’t match and you need to cut the wires to join them. But is certainly worth doing even if the old one is not broken.

Last edited:

getgotti

Jan 29, 2019
HI, picusiaubas. can you help me find the brake sensors on the Samebike XMZ1214?

My motor has stopped working and I have a feeling its because the brake sensors are engaged all the time which is cutting out my engine. I also noticed when I turn the key, the display goes straight to flashing menu 01 or 02 etc which would indicate it thinks the brake is being pulled to access the internal menu.

picusiaubas

Pedelecer
Jan 28, 2019
HI, picusiaubas. can you help me find the brake sensors on the Samebike XMZ1214?

My motor has stopped working and I have a feeling its because the brake sensors are engaged all the time which is cutting out my engine. I also noticed when I turn the key, the display goes straight to flashing menu 01 or 02 etc which would indicate it thinks the brake is being pulled to access the internal menu.
You can always disconnect brake sensors from the controller and try. Controller works just fine without them. Just look for the wires that come from the brakes. I don't remember the colors, but there should be 2 connectors.
However, I would guess it's the same problem that I had caused by moisture getting into compartment. As far as I can remember my display was also going straight to 01, 02 after turning the key.

Last edited:

getgotti

Jan 29, 2019
Hi,
Just found this on youtube for removing speed limit on Samebike 20LVXD30

Hold right brake and pull throttle fully back and count for 5 secs to remove speed limit and return speed limit if wanted.

Check it out and let us know if it works. I don't own that bike so can't try it out.

Smoo

Just Joined
Feb 11, 2020
Hi,
Just found this on youtube for removing speed limit on Samebike 20LVXD30

Hold right brake and pull throttle fully back and count for 5 secs to remove speed limit and return speed limit if wanted.

Check it out and let us know if it works. I don't own that bike so can't try it out.

Hi. I have just registered to say I do have one of these bikes.

Tried the trick above for holding the brake ama throttle and seem to have gone from approx 27/28kph on flat road to 22kph.

can’t seem to change it back regardless of how long hold the throttle/brake and turning in bike

if I lift the rear wheel off ground and hold throttle Max out at 29kph

if you currently have this bike on flat and are able to hit above 25kph I couldn’t recommend this hack!

Smoo

Just Joined
Feb 11, 2020
That has worked. Though now it runs at 32kph which is great. Doesn’t feel that fast though

Xosema

Just Joined
May 16, 2020
I have 20lvxd30, but with a different display. Unfortunately, this method did not work for me.
For the 20lvxd30 the trick is this one, turn off the bike, hold left brake and the M button at the same time, keep holding and turn the bike on, yes , you need to keep pressing M and turn on the key with the same hand, then after turn it on, turn it off again, and thats all. Mine went to fixed limit of 25 km/h even downhill to 30-32 km/h real gps speed. 90 kg

Reactions: xkebike and Antonis

Antonis

Just Joined
May 29, 2020
For the 20lvxd30 the trick is this one, turn off the bike, hold left brake and the M button at the same time, keep holding and turn the bike on, yes , you need to keep pressing M and turn on the key with the same hand, then after turn it on, turn it off again, and thats all. Mine went to fixed limit of 25 km/h even downhill to 30-32 km/h real gps speed. 90 kg
Yes! This really works!!
Thanks a lot Xosema!!!
Don't waste your time changing parameters. They affect only the readings on the display. So, up to now, this is what we have:
- Unlock: Left break + M button + Turn on ingintion , Turn off ignition , Done
- Lock: Full throttle + Right break + Turn on ignition , Keep 5 seconds , Let go , Done

Any other?

Advertisers