Repair - how to 'fake' a good PAS signal?

wleatlanta

Just Joined
Mar 19, 2024
so i have a cheap chinese ebike

it will not 'go'

i suspect the PAS
it has the regular yellow/ground, red/5V, blue/signal wires

what is the controller looking for, on the blue?

i tried 5v with various pulse widths, it did not make the wheel 'go'

wle

wleatlanta

Just Joined
Mar 19, 2024
also if the hall effect sensors in the wheel [3 phase hub motor] did not work, [or just 1], would that cause the wheel not to 'go'?

i thought i read that they only make starting easier and are not really necessary

wle

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Sometimes the blue, yellow and red combinations have blue ground instead of yellow, so try it with those swapped.

If your motor has hall sensors in it, you should do a hall sensor test befor anything else to see if they are working.

When a hall sensor in the wheel doesn't work, the motor will not turn if you're using a normal controller for sensored motors.

Some controllers are dual mode (sensor/sensorless). They will work if you leave the hall sensor connector disconnected. Some of them have self learning/identification wires, in which case the controller will need to do the self-learning procedure with the self-learning wires connected to figure out what the motor is before it'll work.

Some controllers are for sensorless motors. They should work with just the three phase wires connected.