Replacement battery for Kalkhoff 2012

Cabster

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 30, 2021
Hello, does anyone know where I can buy a replacement battery for my Kalkhoff Agattu C3 2012 pedelec? The original still shows 5 lights after charging but I use it regularly and would like to have a spare, however I've searched eBay, Amazon etc without success. Many sites on German eBay do not post to UK and cannot access 50cycles website either

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
yeah i doubt you will find one of those new anymore but jimmy could make a bigger capacity batt to fit in that case depending how much you want to spend.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
50 cycle are defunct though they did start up again under another name and washed their hands of previous buyers.

oriteroom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2008
What about this?

Cabster

May 30, 2021
Hello, many thanks for you reply, I've noticed that my current battery has two grooves at the connection end (middle photo) so I'm unsure whether the new one would fit as it has one. I have since spotted two potential ones on Amazon and one on eBay but I believe that import duty and VAT might be payable because we are a non EU country. Does anyone have any experience of this ?as it looks complex.
The cost of the battery +postage +duty/taxes would really push the cost up
Also looking into possibly re-celling as well.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Hello, many thanks for you reply, I've noticed that my current battery has two grooves at the connection end (middle photo) so I'm unsure whether the new one would fit as it has one. I have since spotted two potential ones on Amazon and one on eBay but I believe that import duty and VAT might be payable because we are a non EU country. Does anyone have any experience of this ?as it looks complex.
The cost of the battery +postage +duty/taxes would really push the cost up
Also looking into possibly re-celling as well.
i tried to buy a batt from Germany and they just wont post them well that company anyway even some bike sites now have a min order of 175 euro b4 they will even ship it over here.

oriteroom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2008
All of my batteries, originals and a couple of replacement ones have only the one notch. If you look in the area the battery goes, there is nothing requiring any slots in that area. I’ve fed you model into their site, and it comes up with the same compatible batteries. The lower capacity and cheaper one (17.6 Ahr) is not in stock But the higher capacity one is (23.2Ahr) and its free delivery. in addition, these batteries are compatible with original chargers. Re-celling may well be a cheaper option. Let me know how you get on if you pursue the re-celling route.

best regards

mike

oriteroom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2008
Doesn’t seem a problem, this German ebay supplier looks to have a London presnce as welland does a 15Ahr for £240 B83AB430-0E07-4455-9177-EAF16BCC206F.png

Cabster

May 30, 2021
Hello all, Can anyone provide a useful guide to buying and importing a replacement kalkhoff agattu pedelec battery from Germany -that is all the cost involved in importing one. I've seen a compatible one on eBay -total cost 462 euros but makes no mention of import duties etc. I've tried Gov.uk site however have fond it to be unbelievably complicated! any help would appreciated, thanks.
(my alternate option might be to upgrade my bike )

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Hello all, Can anyone provide a useful guide to buying and importing a replacement kalkhoff agattu pedelec battery from Germany -that is all the cost involved in importing one. I've seen a compatible one on eBay -total cost 462 euros but makes no mention of import duties etc. I've tried Gov.uk site however have fond it to be unbelievably complicated! any help would appreciated, thanks.
(my alternate option might be to upgrade my bike )
Ask the seller what they think should happen, or determine the worst case price and decide if it is still worth doing.

Or just ride until it won't ride no more!