Replacement battery

Baldfella

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 13, 2017
Rotherham
Hi, I need to replace my battery on my freego eagle. The best price I’ve seen is on Alibaba.com. Has anyone bought from here and are they any good?

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Last edited:

Baldfella

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 13, 2017
Rotherham
Thanks I’ll give them a ring. The batteries are quite cheap but the postage and tax costs as much or more !! It would make it about £165 which I can get one from eBay for roughly that. If I was more technical I’d have a go at repairing it myself as I’ve been advised it’s probably only a few of the cells that have gone. It’s charging up but not holding power. I don’t want to replace it if I can refurb it.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

spanos

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2011
Thanks I’ll give them a ring. The batteries are quite cheap but the postage and tax costs as much or more !! It would make it about £165 which I can get one from eBay for roughly that. If I was more technical I’d have a go at repairing it myself as I’ve been advised it’s probably only a few of the cells that have gone. It’s charging up but not holding power. I don’t want to replace it if I can refurb it.
Lots of batteries look the same ie same casing but it's the cells inside that count.

A cheapo Chinese battery with no name cells may well be a false economy. It won't last as long as a decent Samsung celled one for example