Help! Replacement E-bike LCD Controller Display

TenBenson

Just Joined
Feb 26, 2021
I'm trying to assist my uncle in fixing his e-bike and could really use some help from people in the know. I don't know anything about e-bikes but have spent the day doing as much of my own research as I possibly could.

He broke the screen of his KD58C controller display and now can't get his e-bike to function and is unable to activate pedal assist which he heavily relies on. The display screen is unreadable but only lights up when holding down the "+" button. Pressing the "M/Power" button, as mentioned in the manual, doesn't appear to do anything anymore. I've watched Youtube videos and tried to navigate the settings blindly but no dice.

Unfortunately it's not a simple case of buying another KD58C as no-one appears to be selling this model anymore so I was wondering if someone could help me by suggesting an alternative. From what I understand I can't just buy any controller display just because it has the same cable connector as it's imperative It is compatible with the controller (picture above).

I was considering buying a kit with new controller and compatible display but that is not really an option. Some of the wires appear to be soldered directly on to the circuit board and that's road I'm not prepared to go down.

After searching around I found something that appears fairly similar in functionality (E-Bike Electric Bike Display Back-Lit 36V KD21C LCD Display) but have no idea this is a viable replacement. The connector is different to what I need too but maybe that's not a major issue with some sort of adapter.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TL;DR I need a replacement display for a KD58C with a male higo connector.

Attachments