replacement for ku123 controller

jhinshel

Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2011
I am looking to replace a ku123 controller for a Bafang BPM 36V500W motor. It would seem to make sense to use a sine wave controller. I would be grateful for advice about which contoller.

D

Deleted member 4366

S12S. No question about it. The PAS function is so good that you'll hardly ever use a throttle, so, if you don't have a pedal sensor fitted, you should get one. You will also need to choose a LCD and get the wheel-speed sensor.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing and IR772

jhinshel

Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2011
I dont use a pedal sensor as I prefer to use a throttle. Can I still do this with the12s controller?

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
I dont use a pedal sensor as I prefer to use a throttle. Can I still do this with the12s controller?

Yes, it'll work with throttle.

I think the sinewave one (S12S) is sensored only, and I have heard of times when it's not compatible with motors.

The S12P will run senseless, and seems to be more compatible.

Your BPM motor should be OK though, I just mention it in case you want to do something else in future.

A few weeks ago a friend had problems getting his motor to work with S model, but it worked fine with the P version.

D

Deleted member 4366

Yes, Sorry. Not all BPMs are sensored. I have some sensorless ones. I forgot about that.

FYI, people that say that they prefer to have just a throttle have obviously never tried a S12S with PAS. Once you have tried one, there's no way back because it's so much better.

Reactions: Alan Quay

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Yes, Sorry. Not all BPMs are sensored. I have some sensorless ones. I forgot about that.

FYI, people that say that they prefer to have just a throttle have obviously never tried a S12S with PAS. Once you have tried one, there's no way back because it's so much better.
It's also very good on the S06P. I too now shun the throttle for so many reasons.