Replacement For Shimano STEPS Charger

Stephen Gray

Pedelecer
Mar 22, 2014
Winlaton Mill 6 miles from Newcastle
My charger for E6000 Shimano STEPS battery has stopped working.

Looking on line, I see the new chargers have a smaller battery connector, not compatible with the old one.

Worse still, the adaptor costs almost £40, incredible for a small plastic and metal item.

The obvious question is, can I adapt another non Shimano 4 pin 42v 3A charger, by connecting the existing battery connector to it ?

Alternatively, does anybody have a good second hand Shimano one for sale ?

Thanks

Stephen Gray

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
My charger for E6000 Shimano STEPS battery has stopped working.

Looking on line, I see the new chargers have a smaller battery connector, not compatible with the old one.

Worse still, the adaptor costs almost £40, incredible for a small plastic and metal item.

The obvious question is, can I adapt another non Shimano 4 pin 42v 3A charger, by connecting the existing battery connector to it ?

Alternatively, does anybody have a good second hand Shimano one for sale ?

Thanks

Stephen Gray
You might help the flow of help if you post some good, clear photos as well.
Are any of these remotely helpful?
regards
Andy

Stephen Gray

Pedelecer
Mar 22, 2014
Winlaton Mill 6 miles from Newcastle
Thanks Andy-Mat for your helpful suggestion. The charger is with my brother just now, as he attempts to repair it.

On your link the e bay one from Germany (used) is the right one .It has an adaptor for the battery. My original doesnot need an adaptor.

Any alternative chargers out there ?

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Thanks Andy-Mat for your helpful suggestion. The charger is with my brother just now, as he attempts to repair it.

On your link the e bay one from Germany (used) is the right one .It has an adaptor for the battery. My original doesnot need an adaptor.

Any alternative chargers out there ?
If you managed to put a clear photo or two here, I may be able to help further.
Remember, I do not know what it looks like, my photos were simply what Google found....and really a bit to small....
Andy