Replacement Tyres

PeterLanky

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 27, 2020
I have an electric trike, being disabled. Looking to the future I will eventually need replacement tyres, but the tyres for my trike don't seem to exist on UK websites. I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but I can't believe that nobody is having the same problem, as similar tyres are shown on adverts for many new trikes.
Front Tyre
Kenda k1188-002
98-507 (24x4.0)
Rear Tyre
Kenda k1167-001
98-406 (20x4.0)
I'm not worried about brands, just about a replacement when these wear out.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Certainly look hard to come by ...

If you order well in advance the 20x4 is available on AliExpress

and a 24X4 from Italy at

(that shop seems to have lots of 24x4 tyres)

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
RIDEWILL in Italy have the Fat Tyres . I bought Choyang 20x4 in. Sand Tyres which have road treads as opposed to the Kenda ones with chunky pip treads . They were £19 plus postage and despite them saying that the package for the two would be the same as for one , they still charged postage for each . Order them before Brexit, as I was led to believe that they won`t send to the UK afterwards . Seems a bit daft as it`s still business .

PeterLanky

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 27, 2020
These are all I have found in my previous searches. If I can't get them in the UK, the trike might have to be sold :(

I can't imagine somebody not sending to UK after Brexit; it sounds like scaremongering. We've left the EU, not the planet ;)

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
My Fat Tyre Lanarkshire Ebikes SR 20a has Kenda 20x4in. tyres . You could contact them to see if they keep them in stock . I think it would cost double to get them here . I would contact Ridewill with your requirement to find cost including carriage . I found dealing with them straightforward . It would be a shame to get rid of your Trike for the sake of a few tyres .

Raboa

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2014
Last edited: