Report from Week in London

EdBike

Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2010
I was in London pretty much all last week, finally meeting some of the electric bike folks

A couple of things I'm working on post-trip:

1. Revised, definitive version of an e-bikes buyers guide (replacing the draft here: Electric Bikes Buyers Guide which will also include short video interviews I took (which people grudgingly agreed to ;) ) as well as a bunch of useful downloads for prospective electric bike owners
  2. I had the chance to try out lots of really different electric bikes; including the Kalkhoff Pro Connect, Oxygen E-Mate City, GoCycle, Wisper 705se and Spencer Ivy bikes. Short reviews coming of each of them soon...
  3. Talking to the folks at BEBA about possibly starting a blog, so they can keep us up to date with what they're doing, promote events and put a face to the organization. Still in discussion, but a good move for BEBA and the electric bike industry me thinks. Besides, collectively they've got the resources to do it.
  4. A dealer directory of showrooms is in the pipeline. Places which offer to let you try electric bikes out, and have a basic landline telephone and website. Should help with getting people to try out electric bikes near them, and also tie-in with the buyers guide.

Finally, a big thanks to:
* Matt Flanagan, E-Bikes Diret
* Victoria Sowter, BEBA
* David Miall, Wisper
* Tim Snaith, 50cycles
* David Farr, NipNip
* Va Hua, Spencer Ivy
* Steve Unwin, Fellow Pedelec Forum Member

Thanks for coming and meeting up :-] Fun and interesting times, and yes you will all see the draft version of the video interviews before they go publicly live ;)