retro kit from conhis not working

Leesome

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 8, 2010
The motor controller a conhis? Don't look like conhis unit. Have two conhis motor units. Both are great motors. The issue if these be an issue. First check the unit price, cheap as chips, then check for standards, I.E. charger has no CE approval. Ask yourself why? Then you'll find wired the correct way for the purpose, but the wrong way gain any approval. Plug the motor into the thin wires (charger input), you'll short out the controller. Is unlikely damage their motor, built like Russian tanks. Try them on a incline with a 40ah lifepo4, just cannot bust them.

Conhis wont respond with any sense, unless you send them photographs.

1000 watt hub,. 48 volt 40ah., Conhis lifepo4 (Vpower battery): 25 miles on full throttle, 25 miles on pedal assist. BMS cut in at 48volts, back on charge and ready for a sixty mile ride. BMS by-pass now fitted and able draw down 44volts.

Last edited:

wanabee

Jan 3, 2010
hi leesom
as you say
"check for standards, I.E. charger has no CE approval. Ask yourself why"
i am trying to get some life(ie: working ) out of this kit
i got this kit from ebay "ELEC-KING" and the battery a lifepo4 direct from conhis
"Plug the motor into the thin wires (charger input), you'll short out the controller. Is unlikely damage their motor, built like Russian tanks."
what do you mean ?

Leesome

Feb 8, 2010
I cannot explain that, examine Russian tanks, make your own view. Had a spin today on the 20" folder, new rear tyre. Great lifepo4 36v at 20ah, ten miles of that much on full throttle. Conhis Motor 750w, comfortable top speed, good incline climber.

Charger input (thin wires), thats on the lifepo4 Vpower (Conhis) battery, that is for charging only! Reverse polarity allow +positive to flow into a battery; why???? Could only guess, spent no time on technical technicality of this electrical engineering perplexitive. Any-one?

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
There might be something constructive in your post Leesome but I'm struggling to find it! ;)

Last edited:

Leesome

Feb 8, 2010
Too distant or simple Senior? ;) Does teh battery indicator illuminate? Does, having again back read. Did have an issue on 36v unit. Connected the controller, motor would not turn, all external leds illuminated without issue. Swapped controller using 1000w 48v via 48v battery. Took the throttle on only a few millimetres, motor now turning. Reconnected 36v controller, no issue, motor took power. What was the issue? Only conclude teh bullet connectors? But then entire kit is cheap as chips chinese tech! Best route apply find a spare controller, that or open up that unit
and visual check.

Attachments

Last edited: