Reuse Battery

Godric

Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2016
Bristol
Hello guys, quick question. I had my a2b stolen still have the battery. I was wondering if I could use it on conversion kits or will it only work with a2b bike? It's a 36v/13.2 Ah Lithium. Here is the connector.

Thanks

Attachments

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
If you can find the right plug to fit that socket and wire it correctly yes you can use it with a kit.

Godric

Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2016
Bristol
Sorry newbie, managed to open it. How would I go about wiring? Red and black are plus and neg I guess. Not sure about the yellow and orange, lights? computer? controller?

batt.jpg

I plan on buying the cyclotricity 250 watt front for my road bike. I was thinking maybe I could keep the battery and controller inside my backpack and just run some sort easy quick connect to the motor. To keep the bike looking clean.

Anyone done that? Is it possible?

Would I be better off with a 500w rear? How much weight difference is there? I remember it was torture pedaling without power on the A2B. I was thinking if the motor is in the front I know there will be some resistant but not as much as on the rear with a big motor.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
a2b will be able to answer that question. Plugs are good, jamming wires a very bad idea...

Back packs can be done but it isn't very comfortable and lots of plugging and unplugging. A rack and pannier isn't too bad (but then I am biased...)

250 W geared hub will be just fine and the weight in the rear I find more comfortable, I don't like the handling of front motored bikes.

D

Deleted member 4366

Ok thanks I will go for the rear. Cyclotricity don't seem to sell the 250 rear. I might just go for the 500.
Not ideal. The weight of the 500w and your battery on the back will make your bike unstable and unwieldy. You'd be better with a mid or front motor. IIRC, your battery is about 6kg.

Use steel forks for a front motor.

Godric

Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2016
Bristol
Yeah spot on it's 6 kg on the dot, just weighed. I think I prefer hub motor but my bike has carbon blade don't fancy changing them. I think I need a light weight rear 250 then motor? Any suggestion.

D

Deleted member 4366

Yeah spot on it's 6 kg on the dot, just weighed. I think I prefer hub motor but my bike has carbon blade don't fancy changing them. I think I need a light weight rear 250 then motor? Any suggestion.
Woosh sell a MXUS cassette motor. There's also the Q100C and Q128C from BMSBattery.com.

You can save a lot of weight by removing your battery from the aluminium case. That case is seriously over-weight. I don't know what they were thinking of with that one.

This is how I used to do rack batteries. They need to go as close to the seat and as close to the wheel as possible. You can get the footbal boot bags from sports shops or Ebay. Cut a piece of plywood the same shape as the bag, put it inside and bolt through to the rack:

Reactions: Godric

Godric

Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2016
Bristol
Close but mine is 6 pin and middle pin is lower down not in the middle. Anyway thanks but I'm going to ditch the plug. I removed the battery, had to get the angle grinder now weights 3.6kg thanks free so much lighter. Just need to pick a motor now...