Ride on Xipi 1500 watt

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
One off our customers just posted a short ride on his 1500 watt conversion it starts off boring then he goes off road Total Mental

just search you tube for Xipi

Frank

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
One off our customers just posted a short ride on his 1500 watt conversion it starts off boring then he goes off road Total Mental

Frank
A nice piece of video footage showing how seriously Xipi take ebikes, the safety of their customers and the public at large. It was indeed very exciting when the rider undertook a left turning car, on the left. This is something which I would recommend all such Xipi riders and Xipi retailers do on a daily basis, preferably substituting the car for an articulated lorry.

Approaching that Give Way junction whilst overtaking a car by going totally onto the wrong side of the road was simply amazing. I was literally on the edge of my seat, and I was so excited that I think a little bit of wee came out. Do you have any footage of a drunken Xipi rider riding one of your creations through a crowded & pedestrianised shopping centre at 30 MPH? That would be just bonkers, especially if it hit a pram ( I meant to put tram instead of pram. Take your pick.)

Great work Frank.

Last edited:

peerjay56

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
Nr Ingleton, N. Yorkshire
Frank
It's a shame you think that video is a good advert for your product. It's more like excellent evidence for a charge of riding furiously, and a great example of the sort of riding that gets cyclists a bad name with other road (and path) users:mad:

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
speed hump city

[video=youtube;NopdDHo2v5s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NopdDHo2v5s[/video]

PhilX

Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2012
Seaford East Sussex
Wish I also had x-ray eyes that could see through parked cars and around corners.
Do they come as an add on?
I found it horrendous to watch and found myself waiting for the crunch of bike meeting some unsuspecting soul
The e bike community should be distancing itself from this type of thing as if it were a bad smell.... which it is.
A great demo as to why the legal limit should be 250wt / 25Km/h.
Phil

D

Deleted member 4366

I think you're all over-dramatising it a bit. From the camera, it always looks a bit more scary because it's lower and got a narrower angle of vision. The main thing was that he went up on the pavement to go past a car. I think it looked worse than it was because of the narrow view. Also, he knew that route, while as it was a surprise to us.

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
I think you're all over-dramatising it a bit. From the camera, it always looks a bit more scary because it's lower and got a narrower angle of vision. The main thing was that he went up on the pavement to go past a car. I think it looked worse than it was because of the narrow view. Also, he knew that route, while as it was a surprise to us.
May be but if that is what it looks like to a member of this forum what does it look like to a non cyclist ?

Based on what I saw the rider is a accident waiting to happen.

spikey

Pedelecer
Aug 6, 2013
Is the house he stopped at is where the rider lives? :rolleyes:
The rider should have edited that bit out, wonder if he had a visit from the officials.

Waspy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2012
I thought the video was OK.

It lets you see how these bikes perform.

When I pass racing cyclists and mopeds (going 25mph) in my car it seems to me like they're nearly standing still.

When I buy an e-bike I will definitely want an 'off road' option.

But what was that noise like a Geiger Counter?

As for 'going mental' off road, I must have missed that bit :)

D

Deleted member 4366

What bit/bits did you think were particularly dangerous?

ghouluk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 11, 2013
i enjoyed it - thanks for sharing Frank.

I'm always curious on the difference between the higher wattage bikes as the range drops so dramatically, but if i compare this footage to some of mine its not dramatically different in terms of apparent speed, the pavement shortcut is naughty, but i'm guessing most of us have our pet routes with little shortcuts in, and as we only see a narrow periphery of the vision, i'm guessing the road is flat - looks like it, and he can see the pavement.

While i like the xipi bikes in theory, i'm not sure the additional power is worth the exponential decrease in range, but i guess thats why i didn't end up buying one (or to be fair testing it, as i think they'd be quite grin inducing which would kick my impulse purchase button off :))

either way the person seems to be enjoying his/herself, so i reckon its not a bad advert for the xipi, if you're going to shell out on a 1500-2500 watt monster, you're some kind of adrenaline junkie cyclist i'd say

finally nothing in the video would be able to get him nicked, you never see his face, and no number plate on show (which despite the youtube story hints at "detailed forensics" is how they caught that guy) they nicked him and he said the bike was stolen, so they imaged up his face in the helmet to prove it was him.

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
It didn't look quite as bad as a lot of people are making out to me, yes, he shouldn't have been on the pavement. The overtake however looked fine. There's a lot more irresponsible riders out there on normal bikes:

[video=youtube;woVBLf8Yv2g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woVBLf8Yv2g[/video]

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
A trivial matter to those who ride on the edge, but every time the rider took the "gutter route" to avoid the speed-hump, he placed himself in the very risky "door-zone". As for riding on the pavement to execute an overtake, please note, he had to take to the grass to get round the parked cars on the "pavement". It appears the locals consider the pavement as a usuable thoroughfare. The rattles on that Xipi bike would drive me nuts!. :mad:

Geebee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2010
Australia
I watched it through again and yes it is not as bad as first impressions, other than taking to the foot path, riding in the door zone at speed and no way top see if anyone was in the cars due to the way they were parked, riding down a street on the wrong side and on an obviously illegal ebike.
Yeah, any responsible seller would use this as a demo for their bikes.

It might be better to get some footage of a rider actually off road putting the bike through its paces?

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
I'm not being over-dramatized d8veh, are you still ignoring me? :p

MS.

oigoi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2011
Well done Frank got a few cages rattled :) But you knew that was going to happen when you posted the video I reckon :)