Ride on Xipi 1500 watt

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
Some of the riding was a bit dodgy,but it seemed to be a quiet area with no pedestrians about and very little traffic,bike speed looks impressive for the price compared to some of the vastly overpriced legal bikes,i would like to see how it performs uphill,some of you moaners should try one it might actually put a smile on your face,used in a safe manner a fast bike is great fun,yes i know its not legal but neither is driving over the speed limit,cars are not limited to 70mph because people with lots of money and influence drive them.

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
^^ It'll climb really well.

I reckon he wasn't actually going as fast as the vid made it look but hope that bike had decent suspension taking those speed humps like that.

Don't go for the riding on the wrong side of the road thing or cutting across the pavement personally. But then I'm always extremely cautious in towns. He didn't undertake the car turning left 'on road' - but did go on-pavement to avoid waiting behind like I've seen countless regular cyclists do. I really don't 'get' riding like that in an urban area but anyway ...

What was that noise ? I only heard it when he was going over speed humps fast, so was it the suspension maxing out or something ?

It might be better to get some footage of a rider actually off road putting the bike through its paces?
My thoughts exactly - and likely a far better place to be doing a serious test. Think you need the backpack version if you want to do serious off-roading. Presumably this is down to the cube thing and the fixings or something. Been putting my Trek through its paces off-road lately up and down some ridiculous paths and fingers crossed everything still great and enclosure holding up fine. I've had to epoxy the Cycle Analyst magnet in place though - the bumps and ruts were causing it to spin out of alignment every 5 minutes !

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

I'm glad your bikes holding together.It makes all that effort worthwhile. how many miles have you done now?

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
I'm glad your bikes holding together.It makes all that effort worthwhile. how many miles have you done now?
Over 700 now. Top speed clocked so far crept up a bit yesterday to a gravity-assisted 44.9mph carrying all the usual load bungeed on the back ... pretty sure if I swapped the knobbly MTB tyres out and stayed off the brakes it would crack 50. Not in any particular hurry to try tho' - I reckon it's more than enough for a hardtail as it is !