Riese and Muller Bikes

Matt Penfold

Just Joined
Apr 5, 2021
I am still deciding what bike to buy, but I have spotted the Riese and Muller bikes, especially the SuperCharger 2. I am on the heaver side (100kg) and want a bike I can use to bring home shopping as well as do some light track riding. This bike, with the heavy duty option seems ideal.

Does anyone have any opinions to offer?

Matt Penfold

Just Joined
Apr 5, 2021
With the Supercharger you have to order the bike to come with the 500Wh or 625Wh options. The latter is about £325 more.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I wouldn't say that there's anything wrong with those bikes, but it's a fact that they're the most frequently advertised type of bike in our classified section - nearly always with very low miles, so for whatever reason, people buy them, keep them for a bit, hardly use them, then sell them at a massive loss in depreciation. In other words, be very sure about any decision to buy one.

You can get a good powerful and reliable bike that gives a better riding experience for 1/5 the cost, depending on whay sort of riding you want to do.

Also, they're very heavy bikes - something close to 35kg with the hub-gears, so, IMHO, not a particularly nice bike to ride. Maybe that's why people sell them without hardly using them.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I wouldn't say that there's anything wrong with those bikes, but it's a fact that they're the most frequently advertised type of bike in our classified section - nearly always with very low miles, so for whatever reason, people buy them, keep them for a bit, hardly use them, then sell them at a massive loss in depreciation. In other words, be very sure about any decision to buy one.

You can get a good powerful and reliable bike that gives a better riding experience for 1/5 the cost, depending on whay sort of riding you want to do.

Also, they're very heavy bikes - something close to 35kg with the hub-gears, so, IMHO, not a particularly nice bike to ride. Maybe that's why people sell them without hardly using them.
I'm on my third R&M bike, all very comfortable to ride. Just a bit pricey but I can afford it.
Find a dealer who will allow a good ride not just round a car park.

RetiredAndRolling

Pedelecer
Mar 30, 2019
RG24
I’m heavier than you and do all sorts on my compact R&M Tinker so I’m sure the Super Charger 2 will take everything in its stride. It’s likely complete overkill for your needs but don’t let that stop you from proceeding. The Racktime rack is brilliant. In seconds I can slot in my large capacity panniers or attach a box. Both hold much weight and volume. For example, on a recent shop I used the box to carry 12.5 Kg of bird seed. The CX motor will carry my bulk up the steepest of hills and despite the small wheels I find bridleways and other tracks are no problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Croxden