Riese Muller 1000 watt battery option

Mac_user82

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2014
Hi i am thinking hard about buying a Riese muller the thing is i'am thinking about going for the 1000 watt option i just wanted to know has anyone had any experience with it i would be keen to find out the results with this

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Mac,

Basically they double the range of a 500Wh bike. When one battery is getting flat you simply switch to the new one. During February we will be offering a good discount on RM bikes. Please drop me a line with your specifications for a price.

All the best, David

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the controller switches between the two batts so drains them both at the same time.

other wise you might as well put one in a back pack ;)

The clever bit is that the bike’s controller swaps between the two batteries as needed, so the rider doesn’t need to do anything; for riding purposes it is one large battery. For 2017 there is also a more compact battery charger.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
the controller switches between the two batts so drains them both at the same time.

other wise you might as well put one in a back pack ;)

The clever bit is that the bike’s controller swaps between the two batteries as needed, so the rider doesn’t need to do anything; for riding purposes it is one large battery. For 2017 there is also a more compact battery charger.
Thanks soundwsve, I was obviously misinformed!

All the best, David

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
there in parallel so just one big battery, tho you can not buy that cable as it will only come with new bikes.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
As said, there is no user control of the twin battery system, it draws from each battery alternately.

Makes sense, as it's better for batteries not to be left fully charged for any longer than necessary.

Battery range comes up as the combined figure on the display, as do the blobs on the graphic.

The system also supports on-bike charging, again automatic, this time charging each battery for a few minutes alternately.

This can be very convenient if the bike is stored in a location near a power point because there's no need to handle the batteries at all, just plug in the charger.

Reactions: flecc

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
The bike is wired up for the twin battery set up so you can always buy it with one battery and if you find the range lacking add the second.

• Informative

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
The bike is wired up for the twin battery set up so you can always buy it with one battery and if you find the range lacking add the second.
Might be an expensive way to do it, given that you would need a second battery cup, mount, and locking clasp, as well as a second battery.

With the best will in the world, I wouldn't trust any dealer to find the correct part of the internal loom and wire it correctly.

On bike charging could also be a problem, only one of the sockets (in the battery cup) is 'live' on a twin bike system, the other is present, but blanked off with a 'no entry' sticker.

Also, if David is offering a discount on the bike, it may make sense to order twin batteries because you would effectively get the discount off the second battery as well.

• Agree

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
I found the perfect tourer, watch and drool or save. Do like chainglide.

Watch "Riese & Muller Charger GX Rohloff Bosch eBike Review from CitrusCycles.ca" on YouTube

• Informative
Reactions: Crockers

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
First thing I'd do is remove the front rack. But then the light is attached to it...Hmmm.

E-Wheels

Pedelecer
Aug 16, 2016
That's no problem, we could relocate the light.

A very prominent Pedelecs member took delivery of one of these in January.

All the best, David
Can you order it without the front rack?

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
First thing I'd do is remove the front rack. But then the light is attached to it...Hmmm.
That is the ideal place to put a bag for the camera, tablet and whatever. I would love a rack like that and probably attach a bag permanently so that it couldn't be nicked. In it I would put my street backpack. And it protects the light from taking knocks.