Riese Muller Tinker

redrod112

Just Joined
Apr 27, 2022
I am looking to buy a Riese Muller Tinker for rides up to 45 miles with some touring kit on board. Is this a good choice?

Ocsid

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2017
Hampshire
Certainly, a lovely bike, one I would like as another addition, but it is aimed at the "city" type of user, and with its smallish wheels would not be my choice for many 45-mile rides.
Best take an extended demo/hire and do a 45 miler before committing, IMO.

redrod112

Just Joined
Apr 27, 2022
Certainly, a lovely bike, one I would like as another addition, but it is aimed at the "city" type of user, and with its smallish wheels would not be my choice for many 45-mile rides.
Best take an extended demo/hire and do a 45 miler before committing, IMO.
Thanks. Mostly I guess my rides are more like 20 to 30 but sometimes over 50 miles. Good idea to try it out but will need to travel a long way for that.

RetiredAndRolling

Pedelecer
Mar 30, 2019
RG24
Hi. I adore my Tinker. It ticks all the boxes and the belt drive is so clean and convenient. It has taken me up very steep hills too. I‘m around 18 stone and tall and yet I’ve managed 45 mile rides and still had around 25% battery capacity left.

I use either racktime panniers or a racktime box on the back. The other day I put 12kg of birdseed in the box and rode home without any balance or additional effort.

I’m often on bridleways and tow paths and find the bike very stable. On roads I’ve been up to around 27mph going downhill and the bike has felt rock solid beneath me. The upright cycling position is very comfortable. An excellent bike.

The only downside I have found is in getting the front mudguard to sit correctly. A heat gun fixed the problem permanently.

If you have further questions do ask.