S900

Andy1865

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2017
I have a S900 display that has a 36v/48v setting, could it work if it was powered by the 52v battery. It currently has a C961 display connected to it??.
The C961 is ok, but i do prefer the S900 over the C961.
Which one would you choose out of the 2 of them and why?
Kind regards.

gramorganic

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 18, 2021
The difference between the two is power and performance: A 52V battery delivers better performance. A higher-voltage battery provides greater efficiency, with the battery using less electricity to provide the same or better power for the bike.
As long as you are using a LCD display, the 52V battery can be used. The 52V battery pack is designed to be interchangeable with that of the 48V bikes that use an LCD display (CrossCurrent S and RipCurrent S). These bikes were actually initially designed to use the 52V system. The motor, controller, LED lights, and software are all capable of handling the increased voltage.
I'm pretty confused to suggest which one is best both of are great functions!!

Cheers.

Andy1865

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2017
The difference between the two is power and performance: A 52V battery delivers better performance. A higher-voltage battery provides greater efficiency, with the battery using less electricity to provide the same or better power for the bike.
As long as you are using a LCD display, the 52V battery can be used. The 52V battery pack is designed to be interchangeable with that of the 48V bikes that use an LCD display (CrossCurrent S and RipCurrent S). These bikes were actually initially designed to use the 52V system. The motor, controller, LED lights, and software are all capable of handling the increased voltage.
I'm pretty confused to suggest which one is best both of are great functions!!

Cheers.
Ok thank you for your reply

Reactions: gramorganic

Andy1865

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2017
My pleasure!!
As your so knowledgable, could you give me afew chioces of compatible displays that would work with bafang controller and a 52v battery. Is there any colour versions that would be compatible please?
Kind regards.
Andy.