Safety wear

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
I can understand the risks are slightly higher in a group - from the rest of the riders, not traffic - but I'd be happy to sign a disclaimer saying I'm riding at my own risk, but no.
That's why I don't cycle with them. Shame really, but hey - it may be their loss too, not just mine. ;)
Could be that the Cycling club has insurance to protect those organising the group rides from litigation claims in the event of an accident. Then the insurers might be insisting that on such rides everyone wears helmets.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Could be that the Cycling club has insurance to protect those organising the group rides from litigation claims in the event of an accident. Then the insurers might be insisting that on such rides everyone wears helmets.
My neighbour works for a insurance company and sees a lot of cycling accident personal injury claims, vows to never ride a bicycle. A particularly nasty one involved a SUV ramming into two bicycles (ridden by a man and his wife) from behind - the driver didn't see the cyclists, because he was texting.

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Sorry Andy, i wasnt addressing you directly, just a random statement with my usual humerous overtones :)
The first bone I ever broke was a humerous.

No laughing matter.

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
But atleast your still here to comment on it. I take it your skull was protected then?
Only by being on grass at the time. It wasn't a bike related injury.

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
My neighbour works for a insurance company and sees a lot of cycling accident personal injury claims, vows to never ride a bicycle.
But then there are too many sharks out there openly advertising that if you have been 'injured' you can make a claim and it wont cost you a penny.

If you screw up, injure yourself, then just accept it and move on.