salisbury Motor

Bigbee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 12, 2008
I am bit dissappointed now should have got a bigger discount. :(
I will have to use it for a long while to recover the cost, if I can fix it!

aaargh. :(
I would take this up with Powacycle directly.If this was deliberate some ones got a lot to answer for.

Abs_N

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2009
The website does advertise a new bike, and when I spoke to their salesman on the phone he didn't indicate it would be a B grade.

Abs_N

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2009
Wiring

Hi,

I took the battery section apart at lunch time, (no lunch :( today)
and had a look at the wiring to the controller and the connections seem fine.
I did gently pull some of them and they were secure.

Maybe I did not check them properly. The wire from the throttle switch to the controller was the only loose wire, in that under the bike this wire had the most slack. I do remember this wire sticking out slightly.

I have send e-bikes a message and will wait for their reply.

E-Bikes Direct

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 31, 2009
The website does advertise a new bike, and when I spoke to their salesman on the phone he didn't indicate it would be a B grade.
Hi,

Just to clarify this, We have never sold B stock, The reason why we can sell well under the RRP is because we sell hundreds of bikes every year. If you choose to buy a bike at the RRP from any other dealer it will be the same bike and quality as if you purchased it from our selves

Abs_N

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2009
Hi,

Thanks for your reply, to be honest the bike you sent was new and packaged well in a gigantic box. It was just the battery which had a few cosmetic marks, which does not affect it in any way.

I have received a reply from e-bikes and will be getting a replacement for the knackered motor from powacycle directly.

The commute is quite hard without the motor, I suppose I will deifinately lose some weight :D

Thanks

Alex728

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2008
Ipswich
I think the problem is the battery is white and its texture and construction of the plastic is such it easily picks up marks and scratches in transit even when brand new, I did notice this on my brand new Salisbury purchased in December 2008.. also I don't think anyone other than Powacycle themselves sells refurbished machines, and they are usually reliable enough that there aren't that many refurbished machines...

are you getting a whole laced wheel or just the motor? This may be an issue as you will need to get a bike mechanic who knows about ebike motors to lace it..

Wooky

Pedelecer
Apr 16, 2009
Near Barnstaple, Devon
Yes they are sending me the whole wheel, is it difficult to change over?
Not at all, the hardest bit is the controller / battery housing disassembly/reassembly to disconnect the cable because it's so fiddly getting it back together, other than the cable, it's much like removing a conventional rear wheel.

Oh and by the way, my battery case is rough as well, the paint has all crazed on the case, but Powacycle have no replacement cases.

t

Last edited:

Abs_N

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2009
Hi,

I recieved the rear wheel and the controller yesterday and fitted them both in the evening.

It took me while and riding in to work today was alot easier. Even though it is only 3 miles.:D

I am a bit worried about the wires underneath the battery is there a chance they could get wet?

Bigbee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 12, 2008
I guess theres every chance of the wires getting wet which isnt good.Maybe cover the area with a silicone sealant?