SameBike E-One problem

Gustav De Troch

Just Joined
Aug 20, 2021
I have a SameBike E-One. Ran fine for first couple of months, however it has now stopped working. Ignition and LCD wont switch one even though the battery is fully charged. Remote control also does not function anymore. I’ve searched all over the internet for possible solutions- no luck. Bike was bought on Amazon and vendor is simply not helpful with advice or solutions. Any advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Check the battery discharge with a meter, fully charged you should see 29.4 v for a 24v model or 42v for a 36v model. If the reading is 0v then a fuse will have blown and needs changing, the ign and lcd indicate no power getting thru from the battery.

Gustav De Troch

Just Joined
Aug 20, 2021
Check the battery discharge with a meter, fully charged you should see 29.4 v for a 24v model or 42v for a 36v model. If the reading is 0v then a fuse will have blown and needs changing, the ign and lcd indicate no power getting thru from the battery.

OP: Thnx. Have checked battery status with meter. All good, so must be something else.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Those type of bikes often get problems with the battery contacts in the fold, when they don't line up properly. If you can see anything obviously wrong with them, unscrew the plate with the prongs on it and manually insert it into the battery to see if it works. While you're there, check all the connectors from the plate to the controller.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
I have a SameBike E-One. Ran fine for first couple of months, however it has now stopped working. Ignition and LCD wont switch one even though the battery is fully charged. Remote control also does not function anymore. I’ve searched all over the internet for possible solutions- no luck. Bike was bought on Amazon and vendor is simply not helpful with advice or solutions. Any advice would be appreciated.
The bike carries the moniker "E-One", but everybody calls it Samebike 20LVXD30. If you're looking for solutions to problems, search using that term. There seem to be a few problems reported related to the battery/connections and the remote control. It's a 48-volt battery; fully charged you should measure around 52-54 volts. Also, try a fresh battery in the remote which might solve the issues.

Your bike has a one-year warranty from the manufacturer. Samebike have a UK distribution centre and a few UK authorised resellers and repair centres. According to Samebike, some bikes being sold under their brand name are "fake" or sourced through dubious channels, which is why they have "official" resellers. If yours is "genuine" and bought from an authorised reseller, contact support@samebike.com and ask where you can take it to be fixed under warranty.