Scam scam scammity scam

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
£700 (more like £350 but anyway) ebike for £99 (!) with free worldwide shipping, from 3-day-old website linked to on Facebook ad. No address, no 'about us' section, whois.net ID set to private... at https://karrobikes.com/

Given the existence of chargeback, I don't know why the scammers bother (is to get quick cashflow before disappearing, or hoping that 1 in 10 customers won't request a chargeback within the required 120 days?)

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
With consumer law hat on I find it sad that there's apparently no way of alerting VISA etc about the seller in advance so they can revoke merchant privileges in advance.

Reactions: John south

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
Yeah I've seen this one before, might have been on this forum thinking about it. Funny thing is knowing the Chinese they probably could sell them for £99 and still make a profit !

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
Yes that's right, partly I hear because lots of businesses there operate using loans from state controlled banks, which will never be paid back, so I imagine they can calculate profits without paying for their capital investment.

Doesn't surprise me the scam has done the rounds before!

Yeah I've seen this one before, might have been on this forum thinking about it. Funny thing is knowing the Chinese they probably could sell them for £99 and still make a profit !

D

Deleted member 25121

"Rated Passenger Capacity: One Seat " - what use is that? No wonder it's cheap...