Second e bike in 8 years

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Hi I am a newbie to this forum but have been using a e bike since 2008. It is was an urban moverUM24 , which was an expensive rear hub folding bike. The problem with it was no worthwhile backup service. The Ni mh battery slowly gave up capacity over 3 years and no replacement s were available. The rest of the bike is / was fine. Spokes started to fail in the back wheel 2 years ago but I got the wheel rebuilt in the local Halfords with spokes provided by me.
I got it originally to travel the 3 miles into work after my organisation had reduced the number of parking places! Anyway it was good for at best 18 miles between charges. Eventually I replaced the battery pack with a Li ion Chinese unit and it is now failing creating range anxiety after 6 miles. This UM24 Is not suitable for non powered use.
Anyway yesterday I became the proud owner of a Raliegh Motus . I am extremely pleased with a 25km journey which has not dinted the power by even 1 bar . However one question
Where is the frame number I am seeking O fill out the warranty.and cannot find it.

Reactions: LeighPing

Clara

Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2016
Hi I am a newbie to this forum but have been using a e bike since 2008. It is was an urban moverUM24 , which was an expensive rear hub folding bike. The problem with it was no worthwhile backup service. The Ni mh battery slowly gave up capacity over 3 years and no replacement s were available. The rest of the bike is / was fine. Spokes started to fail in the back wheel 2 years ago but I got the wheel rebuilt in the local Halfords with spokes provided by me.
I got it originally to travel the 3 miles into work after my organisation had reduced the number of parking places! Anyway it was good for at best 18 miles between charges. Eventually I replaced the battery pack with a Li ion Chinese unit and it is now failing creating range anxiety after 6 miles. This UM24 Is not suitable for non powered use.
Anyway yesterday I became the proud owner of a Raliegh Motus . I am extremely pleased with a 25km journey which has not dinted the power by even 1 bar . However one question
Where is the frame number I am seeking O fill out the warranty.and cannot find it.

Hello. Quite often the frame number or serial number will be under neath the bike in the most obscure place. Turn,the bike upside down and look near the bottom bracket, or the main frame. That will be youre best get. Oh and have a torch handy as well. You might need it.

• Informative

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
If, when you find the number, you may take a pic and expand it back on your PC , laptop, or whatever you use. It makes it easier to read.. and remember. ;)

In fact, while you're at it, why not take a few pics and show us your new bike. :)

Reactions: Clara

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
...or it may be on the front above the fork....as mine is.
....best of luck with the motus....looks good

• Informative

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Hi I finally discovered where it is. The registration number on the Motus is On the bottom of the saddle post , close to the motor and and on the side facing the rear mudguard. I only found it by luck , the sun shining from an oblique angle.