Help! Secondhand e-bike

AnthonyS

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 12, 2019
I wonder if anyone can help our village post women who bought a secondhand e bike which nobody wants to repair. It has no markings of a make except the words ‘RST’ and ‘CAPA’. Anyone heard of this?
She says the bike has become sluggish. Excuse my technical ignorance but when I turned it over I could see no magnet next to the the sensor. See photo. Is this the problem? Photo of bike also attached.)

Attachments

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
that's a Woosh bikes, circa 2012. It's got a Bafang rear hub motor and 36V 10AH battery.
it looks like she's lost the magnet disc and rides with the bike's throttle.
Tell her to email support@wooshbikes.co.uk for help.

Reactions: richtea99

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Sadly the sluggishness may not be down to the PAS disc missing , if the battery is the original then it will likely be knackered as a 2012 model.

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh

Bonzo Banana

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2019
Sadly the battery is a huge chunk of the price of an ebike and when the battery is end of life with very little charge capacity people will sell on their ebikes for the maximum they can get and many people don't seem to factor in the state of the battery when they buy s/hand ebikes so prices are higher than you would expect. At least a Woosh bike should be able to use non proprietary batteries I assume and not have those rip off proprietary batteries like the Bosch models which I've seen go up close to £800 for the same capacity as others might charge £250-300. Hopefully this ebike still has many years ahead of it.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH