Securing bike at home

GSV3MiaC

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2020
This solution was mentioned way-way back in the past, but having found it, I followed thru to the website, bought the ground anchor in question, and fitted it. I have nothing to do with the company, but have nothing but praise for their attention to detail, communication, delivery (48 hours!) and price (less than most chains). Photo of the finished item attached. Oh wait .. the item is the Torc ground anchor, details at :

Fitting took (as the instruction predicted) about an hour, almost all of it drilling the 4 bolt holes and cleaning the dust out.

IMG_6103_1.JPGIMG_6105_1.JPG

Reactions: cyclenut1952

Nosweat

Pedelecer
Sep 2, 2019
The problem is, what if you keep your ebike in the toolshed? However secure the brick walls and any rings that might be bolted to them through which a bike could be secured, there could be a powered angle grinder inches away from the bike.....

GSV3MiaC

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2020
The problem is, what if you keep your ebike in the toolshed? However secure the brick walls and any rings that might be bolted to them through which a bike could be secured, there could be a powered angle grinder inches away from the bike.....
Yep, that's certainly an issue, so I guess the angle grinder needs chaining to a ring well away from the power. I think I'd notice power tool use if I was at home though, and I expect most thieves bring their own anyway.

As has been said before, if they want it badly enough they will get it, at gunpoint if necessary, it's all about tipping the risk /effort / reward balance your way.

RetiredAndRolling

Pedelecer
Mar 30, 2019
RG24
Very interesting ’post’ thank you. I had a good look through the available products at the web site. Cracking stuff beautifully explained.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Wireless CCTV is what I use for security. One camera on the outside and one on the inside with motion detection set to sound the alarm. The cameras around the house shining their nighttime red LEDs like ray-guns is enough to put off any potential trouble-makers. They also put off crooked door-knockers. I haven't had one tradesman offering to deal with the squirrels nest on my roof, since I installed the cameras.

GSV3MiaC

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2020
What make / brand / monthly fee? That is next on my list, but not so great if I am not home, and the nearest neighbour is Km away ..