Seen outside a French police station

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Snapped this on Monday in Lyon. The police officers use the Segways to get around the lovely park in the city.

Segway.jpg

For those who haven't visited Lyon, it has the best, integrated transport system I have experienced anywhere. It's a place I have visited before and will go back again. On this occasion, I achieved something I really wanted to do just so I can say that I've done it: I rode a bus, a tram, an underground train, a trolleybus, a funicular railway and a council-provided hire bike all in one day. With the exception of the bike which is paid for separately, one can travel all day using any or all of the other transport for the less than princely sum of €4.90, somewhat less than it costs in London.

The bike I hired came with automatically switched-on lights, basket and a Nexus 3-speed hub which was ample for cycling round the central part of town. They are very popular though I would have needed some motor assistance to ride up the steep hills.

Great, cosmopolitan city with great architecture, fine restaurants, galleries and museums and all easily accessed thanks to the public transport system. Recommended!

Indalo

ps I forgot to mention that I witnessed what looked like a sightseeing tour with a guide and about a dozen tourists all on Segways.

Last edited:

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Wow clearly I have been missing stuff not visiting this part of the forum.

Could you imagine Police here even getting over the H&S and admin bureaucracy to use those here!

Regards

Jerry

Last edited:

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
Hmmmm memories, a Red Rover ticket for 5 shillings and unlimited travel on the buses and underground for one day.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Wow clearly I have been missing stuff not visiting this part of the forum.

Could you imagine Police here ever geeting over the H&S and admin bureaucracy to use those here!

Regards

Jerry
I always look in on the Charging Post whenever there's a new post. Makes a change from the main forum. Look though the historical threads and you'll find loads to interest.

As with most other transport innovation, the DfT are completely hostile to the Segway and they are illegal on roads are footpaths in Britain. There is no way the police would be able to use them.

Last edited:

Advertisers