Seen these?

Danny-K

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2008
South West
Under the 'whatever next' banner, was surprised to stumble across these: brake lights for bicycles, not a new idea but never seen them incorporated into the brake blocks - bicycle brake blocks with fitted brake lights that only come on when the brake pad hits the rim, a tenner from either eBay or this online 'safety' shop -

BSOAB : i-Pad (2 Pairs of brake blocks - lights flash when brake applied (892001) [892001] - £9.99*Inc*VAT<br>£8.50*Ex*VAT

Whahaaaaaay! A moving gif image on the forum; didn't think that would work. (I claim a first!)

Last edited:

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
will you see them in daylight...i think not.....debatable whether they would be seen at night as well,,,,,just a gimmick for kids bikes....

Barnowl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2008
Mmmmhhh challenging thread to respond to.

Who knows, they could be a storming success with the under 10s. We used to use pegs and bits of cardboard to try and make our bikes sound like motor bikes. "Safety feature though!" :D

Impressed wiith the Gif :cool:

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
No landline number with poor spelling and Grammar made me suspicious. The address given appears to be a flat or maisonette and Google shows lots of different companies operate from that address, it may be the solicitors office but unlikely as the domain is registered there to a guy called Chris Street.
He doesn't actually say what type of fixing they are , just studed (sic) and not threaded. It looks from the poor picture that they need to go on a special set of brakes to work, is it even the same product as he is selling?
It all seems a bit too cagy and poorly written for me to order from.

Besides all those lights would do is light up the side of my tyre. :D

Tiberius

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 9, 2007
Somerset
Some e-bikes already have switches on the brakes, to signal to the controller to cut the throttle.

That's the most difficult part done. Wiring up lights should be fairly simple.

Nick