Selecting the eBike you want is one thing, finding it in stock is quite another.

Point Reyes

Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2021
I'm finding that not much is in stock anywhere. I visited several local shops in and around Frome, Somerset and couldn't find what we're looking for. Now I'm thinking a trip to Bristol is our next step.

We're looking for a Cube Reaction Hybrid or Scott Sub Cross eRide in men's and women's style.

I think it's going to be a while.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you wont find any 2022 bikes in stock as not out yet and will be October to December depending on model.

some sizes are sold out already so you better get a pre order in or you might find you will be waiting until next year.

Point Reyes

Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2021
Yes, I'm seeing that. We'll head up to The Electric Bike Shop in Bristol next week and see about getting something on order.

Here's a question about servicing. If I bought a bike from a dealer a ways away would a local shop service it? I ask because a shop in Farnham, Surrey has a nice selection of Cubes to order for an October delivery but they're two hours away. On their site they suggest servicing at local shop but at the same time they say they won't service a bike not bought from them. Kind of wanting it both ways there.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
to service it the local shop must have the bosch diagnostic software and thus be a bosch dealer to have this bit like a car dealership.

anything else is just standard bike parts that any lbs could service.

Point Reyes

Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2021
to service it the local shop must have the bosch diagnostic software and thus be a bosch dealer to have this bit like a car dealership.

anything else is just standard bike parts that any lbs could service.
So if a shop sells eBikes with Bosch motors and has the equipment they'll service any Bosch powered bike no matter where it was purchased?

Wonder why that one dealer won't handle Bosch bikes they didn't sell? I can get my Toyota serviced at any Toyota dealer.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
different brand motors use different software so the dealer must have it for each brand of motor they sell.

so yes if the shop has it then they can do a full service and make a diagnostic report and check error codes and turn the lights on and off and change wheel sizes ect.

a lbs will do a report on my bike and update the software for £45 but i have never had it done and got my bike in 2014.

if you have the new kiox display then software updates can be done with that via the bosch portal and a smart phone.

ebike shop will only sell parts to ppl that have bought there bike from them only and refuse to service any bike not bought from them.

my bike was from ebike shop but because i bought it 2nd hand with all receipts wont let me buy anything.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i have all the tools to strip the hole bike down and rebuild it so can service it myself.

watch alot of youtube videos ;)

Reactions: Point Reyes

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i went tubeless after my first puncture as a lump of glass ripped a massive hole in the tyre, at this point i never even taken the wheel off but got that done and of to evans bikes and see if they can do it for me there and then.

tyre was £30 and £20 for some sealant price for them to fit it was £1 per minute and would need a 60min slot as can be a pita and will be about a week for it to get done. o_O

after i pissed about 25% of the bottle all over the floor trying it with the foot pump it was off to the garage and use the air compressor in blown tyre mode and bingo.

then that broke and not one lbs bar one would even look at it as at the time that wheel new was £500.

the lbs i went to sold race bikes so did not have a clue what a xd hub was as only just came out and ended up helping them lever the fkn thing off the axle with there tools and took a hour as the bearings was totally destroyed to the point they was gray mush. all they charged was 20 quid.

the part had 2 year warranty so cb sent me a replacement and was fixed in 2mins.

DSC_0082_02.JPG

not bad for a 7 year old bike with original batt still working :p