Setting new controller and strange things from the drive

KERABO

Pedelecer
May 26, 2022
I have 24v folding Ebike that had a faulty controller . After looking and not finding what I needed I bought a complete kit
controller
display
throttle
pedal sensor
brake levers
As soon as I turned it on at the display the wheel started spinning and if I turn the throttle open it stops and nothing else worked.
After some research I realised this controller had a wire that you use to teach the controller how to set up.
so after making and braking this wire it works but this puzzles me.
Setting 1 motor goes on its own
Setting 2 noise like a motor working but the wheel dont turn.
Setting 3 everything works

I am so interested to know how the motor can work without turning the wheel.
Could the motor be turning backward and in there somewhere there is a free wheel?
Also can these controllers be relied on to remember the setting you give it?

Thank you.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Were there instructions on the listing? It's doing the self-learning procedure, which it will do every time you switch on with the two learning wires connected. It'll reverse the motor direction each time you do it, which will make the motor whirr without moving the wheel when it spins backwards if it's a geared motor.

Reactions: KERABO

KERABO

Pedelecer
May 26, 2022
Were there instructions on the listing? It's doing the self-learning procedure, which it will do every time you switch on with the two learning wires connected. It'll reverse the motor direction each time you do it, which will make the motor whirr without moving the wheel when it spins backwards if it's a geared motor.
It said learning wire on the instructions but I was worried about the noise but if it was going backwards that explains it.
so once set it will remember the correct rotation?
Thank you

manman94

Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2023
Netherlands
I have learning wires when i connect my motor just makes a noise it doesn't move any ideas, although when I unplug and plug it back in the wheel turns.what am i doing wrong any help please or is it the phase wires do i have to change them around

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I have learning wires when i connect my motor just makes a noise it doesn't move any ideas, although when I unplug and plug it back in the wheel turns.what am i doing wrong any help please or is it the phase wires do i have to change them around
Each time you do the self-learning procedure, the motor reverses direction. When it runs backwards, the clutch disengages, so the motor turns but it doesn't turn the wheel.

Don't forget to disconnect the self-learning wires once it runs correvtly.

manman94

Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2023
Netherlands
I changed the three 3 phase wires and it turned the wheel in the right direction every time I did what you advised I got error 7 after I changed the phase wire order it went away, i did controller yellow to green motor and controller green to yellow on motor and blue to blue. error 7 has gone and it seems ok

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
If you have self-learning, you don't need to change any wires. That's the whole point of self-learning.