Shimano brake cables on wisper

frank9755

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 19, 2007
London
Any decent brake cables will do the job. I'm sure those would be fine, or you could probably get cheaper ones if you wanted. Main thing that you need is some proper cable cutters to make a clean cut of the cables. The only other pitfall would be to get gear cables by mistake, as brake cable inners need to be stronger.

Have a look here and you will probably know as much about cabling as you will ever need to!

Just to add, I know others reported better performance from new cables but I kept the ones on my Wisper and found they were fine.

Last edited:

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
Any decent brake cables will do the job.
Not quite, the 905 uses a continuous outer to the rear and some kits don't have enough outer to do it (or don't say).
If you are just replacing the inner then any MTB cable will fit, there are two types of end and good cables will come with both - just cut off the one you don't need.
I fitted the Goodridge kit and I'm pleased with it.

oregon

Pedelecer
Aug 1, 2008
Palmers Green, London
Not quite, the 905 uses a continuous outer to the rear and some kits don't have enough outer to do it (or don't say).
If you are just replacing the inner then any MTB cable will fit, there are two types of end and good cables will come with both - just cut off the one you don't need.
I fitted the Goodridge kit and I'm pleased with it.
Thanks everyone. Mussels - The goodridge looks good. Is this the complete brake cable sets I need for the rear and the front brakes on the 905SE? Or is it just the inner that you referred to? I would like to replace the whole thing for the front and back.

Thanks for your help

Last edited:

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
Thanks everyone. Mussels - The goodridge looks good. Is this the complete brake cable sets I need for the rear and the front brakes on the 905SE? Or is it just the inner that you referred to? I would like to replace the whole thing for the front and back.

Thanks for your help
It is everything for front and back. You'll need some good cutters to get through the outer, I had side cutters and brute force but proper brake cable cutters are recommended for a good job.