Shopper bike .

Martyn Dee

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 25, 2019
Hi, I have just joined and would like to introduce myself as Martyn .I have just bought a pretty old Powabyke (shopper ?). I bought it with a couple of obvious faults , one is the electrics cut out when going over a bump or when the ignition key is wiggled in the lock. The second is a pretty dodgy bottom bracket which seems to have been welded at the top of the peddle arm and there is also too much movement in the bracket, so I am guessing I need to cut the welded arm off and fit a new assembly including a new peddle arm .The chain side is bolted on and seems to be ok. Can anybody please advice me on these two issues.My first thought on the cutting out if the electrics was either loose or corroded battery terminals or a worn ignition , but I cannot work out how the battery is accessed , if that is possible . Thank you in anticipation for your help ,Martyn

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It would be best to show some clear photos of the problems you have.

Battery conection issues can be solved by running the wires through and using your own connector.

Martyn Dee

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 25, 2019
It would be best to show some clear photos of the problems you have.

Battery conection issues can be solved by running the wires through and using your own connector.
Hi, can you expand in that a bit please . I'm new to this stuff I'm afraid .Yes I will take a pic of the peddle arms

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I think we need a few more photos than that. the cryptic one you have shown seems to indicate that it's one of those bikes with a custom bottom bracket, possibly with the controller contained within it. A long time ago, there was a thread, where a guy dismantled his, but I can't remember the details. don't cut or grind anything until you confirm what you have because there might not be any replacement.