Help! Silentforce SF 0201

davidball123

Just Joined
Sep 8, 2023
An old SilentForce SF 0201 has stopped working. The LED shows minimum charge but a battery voltage test shows 36v.
I have purchased a replacement controller but it has more connectors than on the bike. The bike has only seven JST SM connectors.
I need to identify the following cables.
2 pin Male - red, blue (light switch, front light?)
2 pin Male - red, blue (back light?)
2 pin Female - red, black
3 pin Male - black, red, white
3 pin Female - yellow, red,green
3 pin Female - red, blue, black
5 pin Female - black, green, yellow, blue, red (LCD display?)
Any help will be much appreciated

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
First, show photos of your original controller that CLEARLY SHOW what wires and connectors you have on it.

Second, give a link to the listing of the new controller so that we can see what you have.

davidball123

Just Joined
Sep 8, 2023

Attachments

davidball123

Just Joined
Sep 8, 2023
The listing shows what all the wires do in the third picture down.

Your photos don't show what the present controller is connected to and what the wires are for.
I am uncertain what you mean. The description of the wires/connectors at the beginning of my post are those that are on the bike. The cable colours correspond to those on photo KZQW22A-XDL. Those colours do not all tally with those on the replacement controller. Thanks for drawing my attention to the third picture on the Amazon listing - that should help. I have looked for a similar picture of the KZQW22A-XDL which would solve the problem

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I am uncertain what you mean. The description of the wires/connectors at the beginning of my post are those that are on the bike. The cable colours correspond to those on photo KZQW22A-XDL. Those colours do not all tally with those on the replacement controller. Thanks for drawing my attention to the third picture on the Amazon listing - that should help. I have looked for a similar picture of the KZQW22A-XDL which would solve the problem
The ones left on your bike are all connected to something. You only have to follow the wire to see what it is - no need to guess!

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
your 36v battery when fully charged reads 36v?

this suggests that you have battery issues, a fully charged Healthy 36v battery should read 40-42v.

Please confirm your battery state before investing further..

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
An old SilentForce SF 0201 has stopped working. The LED shows minimum charge but a battery voltage test shows 36v.
I have purchased a replacement controller but it has more connectors than on the bike. The bike has only seven JST SM connectors.
I need to identify the following cables.
2 pin Male - red, blue (light switch, front light?)
2 pin Male - red, blue (back light?)
2 pin Female - red, black
3 pin Male - black, red, white
3 pin Female - yellow, red,green
3 pin Female - red, blue, black
5 pin Female - black, green, yellow, blue, red (LCD display?)
Any help will be much appreciated
Just seen this and my take.
Battery as mentioned should be at least 41.5v - 42 (40v is way to low ) when fully charged so do this and tell us the voltage , anything less will mean the battery or charger has a fault so also check the charger output.
As to the original wiring.
2 x 2p R /B are likely brakes, the simple test is disconnect to see if they cut the motor.
2p R /B lights.
The three 3p are in no correct order throttle, speed sensor and pas, to find out which is which simply disconnect the connector (one at a time) to test which doesn't work.
5p is display.

Once you know which wires go where then you marry up the colours to go with the new controller.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
2 pin R+ 5v /B= gnd.
3 pin B = gnd, R =5v , W = signal.
3 pin Y =gnd, R= 5v, G= Signal.
3 pin R = 5v, B=signal, Blk= gnd.
Test with a meter between 5v & gnd to confirm 5v is correct.

Guaranteed you will have to swap wire sequence about to match the existing bike wiring as they won't be a simple plug and play like for like swap.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Are you sure it's not the motor halls? It could be nasty if you got that wrong!
If he disconnects it he will find out .
Yes they could be for Halls .

We don't know if he has both throttle and PAS, one of the 3 p could be for a basic led. Again he will simply find out by process of illimination.

Last edited:

davidball123

Just Joined
Sep 8, 2023
A big thank you to everyone who has replied with advice. Replacing the controller has not helped so I suspect that the battery will need replacing at a cost of over 290 euro. I can buy a new bike for about 800 euro. I am giving the old one to a person who has the time and patience to try a fix it.