Simon Cowell ebike accident

-Pete-

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 17, 2021
Bucks
I was interested to read this
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/simon-cowell-pictured-broken-arm-bike-accident-143209542.html
to see if anyone else other than us realises that an S-Pedelec is a legal moped. He skidded on a damp piece of road & came off? Was not wearing a helmet & bearing in mind comments from other users about the problems of S-Pedelec insurance I doubt he was insured.
I thought the same, I was surprised the press hadn’t noticed. I do hope he stops having ebike accidents, otherwise someone might decide to spoil the fun of responsible ebike users.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
It would certainly be interesting to know how many laws he broke: Unregistered? Number plated? Insured? Helmet?
If he broke a significant number then prosecuting him would have one significant benefit; free publicity. This is a chance to make people much more aware of the laws and potential downsides of breaking them. Of course, there is high risk of distortion of the details by the media, so perhaps not such a good idea?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
It would certainly be interesting to know how many laws he broke: Unregistered? Number plated? Insured? Helmet?
If he broke a significant number then prosecuting him would have one significant benefit; free publicity. This is a chance to make people much more aware of the laws and potential downsides of breaking them. Of course, there is high risk of distortion of the details by the media, so perhaps not such a good idea?
It's good that it was his left arm that was broken - if he's Illuminati, one wonky wiggly wobbly handshake is his get out of jail free card.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Third time lucky he might go and break his neck and do a proper job.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
:eek: