Slight creak Bosch CX on Cube

Gadfly

Pedelecer
Mar 30, 2018
Lincolnshire
On reflection, I now see your problem. The tin you have is clearly metric as evidenced by the "500g" noted on the label. It is well known amongst we cognicenti that metric versions of copper grease are not as effective as imperial versions.
I suggest you return the item to you supplier in exchage for an imperial tin.

Why do you think we are leaving the EU?

Reactions: argoose

Asboboy

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 11, 2018
Scotland
Little update. Went over to my best mates house and he has all the tools on the planet ....except the one that lets you take the crank arms off doh! removed the covers and used Aluminium anti-slip (not copper :rolleyes:) on every one of the bolts and t20 screws. We found a small bit of play in the left pedal that was allowing about 3mm of space between the pedal and the little rubber boot so we removed the pedal and cleaned it up and applied some anti slip and reassembled it correctly again (note there was a small score due to dirt ingress). Removed, cleaned,applied anti slip and relocated the seat post. ..

Hey presto !! quieter than a church mouse. :):):)

Been out in the rain (yes it was tipping down last night where i live) and back and forth to work for two days and still nice and slick sounding!!

Thank you everyone for the advice this problem was really ripping my tights and now i know what to do if it rears its head again!

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Glad it’s all sorted
Job well done :)

And thanks for updating so many don’t

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
My Cube Reaction Race with Bosch CX is intermittently creaking on the left down stroke. I took it to the bike shop os Saturday and they have just called me today to say its ready for collection.

I was rather hoping they would send the motor back to Bosch, who in turn would replace it with a new one. But I assume they have just greased the bearings? I shall ask them when I collect it tomorrow.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if it has warranty dealers can not open the motor but it could just be a loose bolt that needed a turn or 2

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
Yes, its still under warranty, so maybe just a tightening of the bolts as you suggest.

Also had a new chain and cassette fitted as mine was well overdue. I left the chain too long and it has rounded off some of the teeth on the cassette after about 700 miles from new. Lesson learnt.

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
Collected my bike today, which sadly means they haven't kept it to order a new motor!

They said they have lubricated inside the motor but didn't elaborate further. New cassette and chain fitted £108. I perhaps need to lear to do this myself from now on, from the videos I've watched it doesn't look difficult with the right tools.

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Collected my bike today, which sadly means they haven't kept it to order a new motor!

They said they have lubricated inside the motor but didn't elaborate further. New cassette and chain fitted £108. I perhaps need to lear to do this myself from now on, from the videos I've watched it doesn't look difficult with the right tools.
They haven’t opened the motor and if they have you can kiss your warranty good bye

Paddi

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 3, 2017
Scotland
Bear mine went in on Saturday as it felt the BB had went , was creaking under any kind of pressure, initially thought it might have been my gears being out of alignment and needing re-indexed but they were fine, new motor arrived this morning and replaced today ... i'd keep an eye on it just incase, other than that bikes been great and so much fun to ride everyday,

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
Bear mine went in on Saturday as it felt the BB had went , was creaking under any kind of pressure, initially thought it might have been my gears being out of alignment and needing re-indexed but they were fine, new motor arrived this morning and replaced today ... i'd keep an eye on it just incase, other than that bikes been great and so much fun to ride everyday,
Thats what I wanted, but no such luck.

Headshok

Pedelecer
Feb 19, 2018
Swindon
I had to take my motor out recently to rewire my Speed sensor cable

I struck me a bit odd that I have a carbon shock link and Titanium skid plate bolt but nasty steel motor bolts, has anyone sourced Titanium motor mount bolts? I reckon I could save about 100g at least?

Related Articles

Advertisers