Slime.

jimriley

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2020
So far my tyres mostly go on and off without even the need for tyre levers, but I usually carry a couple of substantial tea spoons just in case.
I've just got a Rehook Tyreglide tool, tried it for the first time in the dark the other evening, I'd nipped the inner tube hopping a kerb. It worked a treat , really fast, both removing and fitting.

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
Slime whether you put it in the tyre yourself or buy one pre-slimed causes problems by gumming up the valve . I now carry a 75cc aerosol containing foam to inject into the Inner Tube and a battery powered pump on all my rides . I have had 2 punctures recently and fixed them successfully to get home . Who wants to mend a puncture at the side of the road ? The last time was in the rain .

Barnsleyrob

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2020
I’ve slimed my tubes and, touch wood, not had any issues. My tyres are Kenda and reinforced across the main tread. Friend tried pre-slimed tyres and they were nothing but trouble.

snafu

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2020
Hall End, North |Warks
I'll chime in with support for Slime. I had numerous punctures, probably due to living on a busy road so the first/last mile or so is littered with stuff to ruin your day. But since buying slime tubes not had any issues. I have experienced issues with the slime clogging valves though and have found leaving the valve near the top (Ten to / Ten past the hour) for a while before checking pressures seems to resolve the issue. I have also pulled a small few nails and other bits of debris from my tyres but pressures have remained stable after re pressurising. I have not tried the slime additive so have no idea how it compares.

I've just won a very cheap fat tyred Cyrusher E-Bike on Ebay not found slimed tubes at 4" yet so may try sliming the tubes. I'll report back if it all goes tits up.

TTFN
John.