Smarta GT

warner

Just Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Hi I'm new to electric bikes and am thinking of buying a smarta GT on the cycle to work scheme has anyone any info on these machines are they any good and how do they compare to other similarly priced bikes ....cheers , warner

billadie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2010
Tewkesbury
Hi Warner

I have a Smarta LX. Although these is same brand I am not sure how closely related it is to the GT. The LX ia a front motor step-through with a hub gear, the GT is a rear motor step-over with a derailleur. I cannot praise the LX highly enough. In 3.5 years it has done over 14,000 miles without any fault. I am now on my second battery - the original stiill manages 15 miles - and tyres, and third saddle, but everything else is orinal. This is a comfortable (except saddle ), robust and well priced bike. On the downside it is heavy and the motor noisy.

To sum up, if you want a serious commuter, you'd struggle to find better.

Bill

warner

Just Joined
Nov 27, 2013
thanks for that i'll take a serous look at it when i get through to the dealer ....thanks again

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
A nice bike but a throttle will cost you an extra £50 and the front wheel drive may be a problem in gravel or wet conditions. You can get an on line quote for a Juicy Classic from our website which you may like also.

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Plenty of choice at £1000 and below. My advice is to try a few bikes and see what feels great and has the specification which will do what you require. You are welcome to pop in and see us.

Not ridden a Smarta myself so can not provide an opinion. Good luck finding your e-bike.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Hi I'm new to electric bikes and am thinking of buying a smarta GT on the cycle to work scheme has anyone any info on these machines are they any good and how do they compare to other similarly priced bikes ....cheers , warner
Welcome Warner.

MS.