Smiles

Josh Trees

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 17, 2015
Berwickshire TD14
Hi my name is Josh Trees. I have been e-biking for 5 years, on road and X-country, I do 100km per week and e-biking still makes me smile. I am looking for recommendations for books and possibly courses on e-bike maintenance. I live in the Scottish Borders, great for scenery, I can cycle for hours without seeing a car but repairs take at least six months. I am going to try posting bike to England next time, but I think a good book could be helpful, any suggestions? Happy e-biking. J

C

Cyclezee

Hi Josh,

Welcome to Forum,

It would be useful if you could tell us what bike you have and the problems that you have had with it.

BTW which part of the Borders are you from, anywhere near the Muckle Toon?

Josh Trees

Aug 17, 2015
Berwickshire TD14
Hi Josh,

Welcome to Forum,

It would be useful if you could tell us what bike you have and the problems that you have had with it.

BTW which part of the Borders are you from, anywhere near the Muckle Toon?
That was quick, Nearest toon Eyemouth 10 miles, Muckle Toon 45. I have 3 byocycles, all good at the moment. Have had to buy new ones when repairs required as I use them for work as well as fun and I can take out friends. I have had all major parts replaced on old Chameleon but she has done over 10,000 miles, the newer ones are a bit more fragile. E-biking, smiles better.(part QUOTE) All the best J

C

Cyclezee

Hi Josh,

Your location was just curiosity, I am more than 300 miles away, but I do know Langholm and the rest of Dumfriesshire quite well, not too familiar with Berwickshire.
I am not very familiar with the Byocycle brand, but they appear to use fairly generic parts and I am sure whatever problem or query you might have would be answered if you posted in the main electric bike section http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/forums/electric-bicycles.2/ ;)

Josh Trees

Aug 17, 2015
Berwickshire TD14
Hi Josh,

Your location was just curiosity, I am more than 300 miles away, but I do know Langholm and the rest of Dumfriesshire quite well, not too familiar with Berwickshire.
I am not very familiar with the Byocycle brand, but they appear to use fairly generic parts and I am sure whatever problem or query you might have would be answered if you posted in the main electric bike section http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/forums/electric-bicycles.2/ ;)
Thanks. I don;t think it's the parts that are the problem, it's the service, hence the request for any book recommendations. Hope you're not missing the beautiful countryside too much. It's busy down there ain't it. All the best J

C

Cyclezee

Thanks. I don;t think it's the parts that are the problem, it's the service, hence the request for any book recommendations. Hope you're not missing the beautiful countryside too much. It's busy down there ain't it. All the best J
Hi Josh,

I do miss Scotland, but haven't lived there for over 30 years and in those days it was much further north than the Borders.
I do visit occasionally, the last time was Sunday;)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 4366

You don't need any books. There's instructions for everything you need to know on Youtube.

Reactions: robert44