Smooth roads! A thing of the past?

vhfman

Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2008
Here are a couple of photos showing the amazing patchwork of repairs to some of the local roads. And these examples are not the worst cases, but it was an easy location to take the pictures.

[

Just one of the reasons I am building my full suspension bike! These surfaces are a real PAIN to ride on with a heavy rigid electric bike, not just from the comfort point of view, but also because the handling can become dangerous. Fortunately this is a quiet road with not too much traffic.

Last edited:

Grizzly Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2007
Swansea
www.grizzlyfish.com
Here are a couple of photos showing the amazing patchwork of repairs to some of the local roads. And these examples are not the worst cases, but it was an easy location to take the pictures.

[

Just one of the reasons I am building my full suspension bike! These surfaces are a real PAIN to ride on with a heavy rigid electric bike, not just from the comfort point of view, but also because the handling can become dangerous. Fortunately this is a quiet road with not too much traffic.
That's the main reason that I built one, you won't regret it, my bike soaks up all the bumps and pot holes. It just feels so much safer, I don't even bother trying to avoid the bumps any more.

Griz

John L

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 23, 2007
God those roads are bad!! I thought some of the roads I rode on today were bad but they take the biscuit!

Full suspension seems to be the way to go :)

John

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Looking at all those patches makes me think of the old adage:

"If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again".

At least they tried, even though the outcome looks like the road repairing equivalent of first year primary school art. :rolleyes:

Morag

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2010
Shropshire
Hmmmm those are some impressive examples on how not to patch repair a road.