Help! snapped chain

Joe Dude

Just Joined
Sep 21, 2020
i need advice on what kind of chain i need to buy to replace my old one which has now snapped twice in as many months so needs replacing. I know i need an especially toughend chain designed especially for E-Bikes and as a moutain biker its especially nessary so this is my first time. My bike uses a Bosch motor with a derailier gear changer. the problem is they seem to come in narrow medium or large widths so this is were i need advice and if you can put me onto a link were to buy it from. cheers

Raboa

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2014
How many years do you have on your cassette / freewheel.
KMC do a range of ebike chains

Last edited:

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
i need advice on what kind of chain i need to buy to replace my old one which has now snapped twice in as many months so needs replacing. I know i need an especially toughend chain designed especially for E-Bikes and as a moutain biker its especially nessary so this is my first time. My bike uses a Bosch motor with a derailier gear changer. the problem is they seem to come in narrow medium or large widths so this is were i need advice and if you can put me onto a link were to buy it from. cheers
I had the same problem with my Haibike and thought it a faulty chain but no one wanted to know. I bought the same make & type of chain and never had another problem with it.

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Hi welcome
thats odd
i normally change my chain every 1000 miles or so
standard chains at that
you need to get a chain for what ever speed cassette you have

• Agree
Reactions: Gringo