Snapped wire to back wheel on fiido d2

Stu761

Pedelecer
May 27, 2020
Hi guys. I've been having a nightmare with my ebike. Had it a 3 months and the back cable to the back wheel has snapped. I can't get at it to solder it. The website geekbuying is saying I have to pay to send the whole bike back to Poland. If they can't fix it I then have to pay for postage back. :(
Don't use them!

Anyway anyone on here live in London can fix it I I'll pay you? Here's is a pic.

Attachments

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Why don't you ask them to sell you a motor wheel that you can fit yourself?

It's a big job to fix your motor. It would take at least 2 hours to thread the wire through and resolder it. I can tell you that it's a very tricky job. The hall sensors are likely to be blown too, which wouldd take about another hour to sort out. I can't see you getting that repaired for less than £100 if you could find someone to do it. I bet you could count on one hand the number of people in the whole country that would be willing to take it on - possibly on one finger.

Stu761

Pedelecer
May 27, 2020
Why don't you ask them to sell you a motor wheel that you can fit yourself?

It's a big job to fix your motor. It would take at least 2 hours to thread the wire through and resolder it. I can tell you that it's a very tricky job. The hall sensors are likely to be blown too, which wouldd take about another hour to sort out. I can't see you getting that repaired for less than £100 if you could find someone to do it. I bet you could count on one hand the number of people in the whole country that would be willing to take it on - possibly on one finger.
Oh well thanks :(

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Contact the company direct, they may be more helpful.

Stu761

Pedelecer
May 27, 2020
Contact the company direct, they may be more helpful.
Ok i will try. Thanks for the help

jarob10

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2017
Uk
It’d be cheaper still to just replace the motor core, if indeed that option is available

jarob10

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2017
Uk
Alas no

But in the context of approaching the company direct for a 1 off spare part, it’s possible

Edward Elizabeth

Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2020
Buckinghamshire
Hi guys. I've been having a nightmare with my ebike. Had it a 3 months and the back cable to the back wheel has snapped. I can't get at it to solder it. The website geekbuying is saying I have to pay to send the whole bike back to Poland. If they can't fix it I then have to pay for postage back. :(
Don't use them!

Anyway anyone on here live in London can fix it I I'll pay you? Here's is a pic.
Hold on. You boke it, you can hardly complain if a company doesn't want to subsidise you to send it back for a repair. Its4 a little bit off that youre urging people not to use a company when their request for payment for freight is quite a reasonable one. If you were that comcemred you could have bought a bike from a local bike shop instead.

As for you predicament, see if they'll sell you a new motor or even and entire wheel that you can just swap in.