So I've tried a few but still confused

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
I'm actually not sure what people would call fast I suppose. I took both the koga and the Scott out today. Down a hill at 25mph and the Scott would still push hard in top gear. On the Koga, my little legs were spinning like mad. To be fair, I'm quite happy at 25mph. I just know I used to ride a lot faster in my "youth".
It was nice that after I'd had to push the Scott up half of the hill, I just rode up afterwards on the Koga. As I've said before, riding is now pleasurable. My car is nearly redundant!
I notice the Koga has a 38t chainring, whereas my BS10, obviously geared for more speed has a 44t, Cassette range is probably similar, but the BS10 could do with lower gearing for hills much over 20% for any length of time. I can muscle up short 30% inclines, but for no more than a minute or so. The BS10 doesn't spin out until 31-32mph.

swordfish

Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2013
image.jpgFirst real issue with the bike.
The wiring loom for the rear dynamo LED lighting runs under the rear mudguard, through a hole in it and then is cable tied to the pannier rack and into the lights.
It looks extremely neat.
Unfortunately, the rear mudguard has quite a lot of "bounce" to it, and the amount of wire between it and the rack is very short.
The wire has snapped. Probably the bad state of Sheffield roads hasn't helped, but it still seems a design issue. Maybe the wire is normally a bit longer and mine is a one-off.
The shop I got it from has put me a battery operated rear light on at no charge and has ordered a new wiring loom. Makes me glad I went local.
Hopefully just a blip.
Happy with Edinburgh co-op cycles up to now. The customer service today was excellent.

Last edited: