So who bought a Carrera Crossfuse last week?

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Seeing as Halfords were selling them at a discounted price last week I was wondering how many people took the plunge and what were their thoughts on it? I confess I could not resist and went and got one but so far have not been out due to the snow and a bad cold, so have not been able to compare it against my Wisper 905 but judging from the test ride i had a couple of weeks ago the Wisper may soon be up for sale... Steve W..

MikeS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2018
Well I bought mine at full price 4 months ago, but still think it's excellent value. I love the bike. Mind you I have just had to replace the Shimano Mech. After I spent several hours trying to adjust the derailieur I took it to an expert who also spent several hours. In the end when he changed the mech everything worked fine. I did come off the bike a month ago and although the Shimano mech seems undamaged, there must be something wrong as I was easily able to adjust the gears for the first 3 months.
Mike

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
My 6 speed Shimano deraileur set-up gives me the willies, Many years ago I had a Sturmey Archer 3 speed in hub which was a pain in the parts when it slipped usually on a hill, l just hope the Shimano thing works better and without trouble but just in case I’ve bought a few spares like a Topeak Mini 20 pro tool, Shimano 6/7/8 speed chain, and Dry Lube with Teflon. All from Evans - before realising I could have got a British Cycling discount of 10%.

Jim