Sold Secure Gold lock for Wisper Wayfarer Crossbar help

cjd

Pedelecer
Jan 23, 2013
Hello

I would love some help with a lock please. It needs to be Gold for insurance. The problem is I bought this one, which I will send back Gold D Lock and chain, but when fitted to the top bar of my wayfarer, it moved side to side and hit my legs, and on the up tube, it was too big (even though it's super small). It was also very tight to attach to the bike and wheel

Any suggestions would be great. I did buy a small bag to attach to the read reach so I can carry it in there, but I prefer to have it mounted.

Thanks all

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023
Hang it over the handle bars

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
Perhaps consider a M/cycle chain and lock,

I wear mine across my chest and shoulder, it is a few kg but the motor deals with that ;) I also have a D-lock that i use when locking up in 'safe' places, but when venturing into town the chain and close fitting lock is worn over my coat.

Ive had plenty of bike locks over the years with innovative securing methods which all fail with the locks falling off or proving imposible to release, my d-lock is slung over the handlebars or sat in the rear pannier bag

Reactions: cjd

Stanebike

Pedelecer
Jan 5, 2020
I have an Abus Sold Secure Gold D lock which came with a bracket to secure to the bike and clip the lock into for carrying. After looking at which bars the bracket would fit on I fixed it to the chain stay, so the lock is held parallel and close to the vertical side of the rear rack. It needed a little bit of adjustment to stop the side of my foot rubbing against it and is working fine in that position. The pannier bag will still fit on the rack as normal but has to be swung upwards to gain access to the lock.

I also fitted an OnGaurd Sold Secure Diamond D lock with bracket in a similar position to my girlfriend's Wisper 806 which works equally well.